Disaster Class

M A C K E N Z I E

"Lauren, easy up on the wrist please!" I say, trying to pull from her hard grip.

She gives me an apologetic look and lets go of it. I was happy that my hand was turning back to it normal color, instead of light purple.

We reach the classroom finally, to find Lauren and I's seat taken.

"Um Johnny, that's my seat." I say as politely as possible.

"Yeah, move your tush Hayden." Hayden only looks at her.

I know that look. It's the look that always makes Lauren won. 'It's his eyes!' are the exact words she always uses after being tricked.

Oh please! LORD! Help me! Please don't let Lauren fall for the spell!

I thought. Luckily, she stayed strong.

"Mackenzie. Lauren. Just find a seat somewhere else okay?" I turn around to see the while class staring. The teacher waited for used to move along.

We ended up taking a seat in the front of the class. Our English teacher never liked me. I never understood why. All I ever did was be nice.

She began the lesson and I tuned all the way in. I took necessary notes and answered a few questions.
It was all good until something hit me.

It was quite soft but I was sure I felt something. I turned to Lauren, who was next to me, but she didn't seem to notice. She was busy doodling.

I craned my head to the middle row and saw Johnny smirking at me. I didn't understand, until I saw a scrunched up white paper ball next to my white vans.

I looked up to make sure the teacher didn't see it. She was busy handing out handouts. I moved the paper ball with my foot and then grabbed it swiftly.

I took another look, the teacher didn't notice. I stuffed the not in my pocket and began waiting for the handout.

The paper ball seemed to get heavier as the teacher came closer. I didn't even smile in her direction when she handed it to me.

Lauren gave me a worried look. I looked up to see the teacher's head in a book and carefully jotted down what happened and threw the paper to her.

Her eyes widened when I did that. Still, she looked at the paper, then glared at Johnny. I stifled a laugh. To the outside world, passing notes would have been a casual thing, but here, in the academy, passing notes is a no no.

I finished the last question and stood up when another white paper ball hit my shoulder. Everyone was too caught up on talking to their neighbors to notice.

I gave him my best glare and walked over to give the teacher my hand out. When I came back, I stuffed the note in my pocket as well.

While I read, more and more notes were thrown, until I had 11 white paper balls in all.
-
-
-
I didn't have any other classes with Johnny until lunch. All the girls, and mean ALL the girls were waiting to see who they would sit with.

No surprise, it was us. That still didn't lessen the fact that almost all the girls were hoping they would sit with them, which meant they liked them, which also means that I have competition.

Wait.

Hold up.

Competition?

Mackenzie, you are officially going crazy. There is absolutely no competition. Johnny only she's you as a sister. If only he didn't

But he family zoned me. And it's always in face. Sometimes I cry internally, other times, I get tiny tears. I claim that my eye just itches.

"Mackenzie. Frances. Ziegler! Are you listening to me?!" Ruby yells.

I snap out of my thoughts. I shake my head ashamed.

"No, I'm sorry. What did you say?" I ask, playing with my carrots.

"I'm having a party! You have to come!!" She squeals. Yes, we squeal a lot.

"I don't know Rubs." I bite the mini carrot in half.

"Oh why not! You have plenty dresses, so don't use that as an excuse!" She complains.

"Ruby, I just can't. It's not my type of thing. Plus, I won't be getting a ride if I don't make up with Mads." She huffs, then a smile creeps onto her face.

"Oh spit it out! You only have that smile when you have a idea." I grumble.

"It's not a mastermind plan. Just get a ride from us!" Ruby smiles, I sigh.

"Maddie's not going to let that happen." I say.

"Oh for gods sake! Just go make up with her then!" Annie nudges my shoulder.

This time, I actually roll my eyes. Maddie's not dumb, she'll know that I only need something. Still, I went to their table anyways.

"Hi guy! Hey Maddie!" I greet Maddie and her friends as I walk up.

"Hi Kenzie!" They say in sync.

"Maddie are you still mad at me." I ask, using my infamous puppy dog eyes.

"No. I'm over it, now what do you want?" Dang. She knows me too well.

"Can I get a ride to Ruby's party?" I ask, still using the puppy eyes.

"No. Absolutely not!" Maddie turns her head back to her girls, the conversation was over.

Maddie is overprotective. Too overprotective. Like one of those dads. I wasn't giving up yet.

"Maddie please! I'll just get a ride from Lauren if you say no!" I felt bad for doing this.

"Fine. But I'm walking you in. I'm making sure there is no alcohol." I groan at her words but agree.

I smile and wave at her friend, walking away.

"So?" Jayden asks as I walk back to the table.

"I'm coming." I say, no enthusiasm.

"Aw, cheer up. Johnny's your date." All the girls smirk at me.

I groan even louder now.