BTS

M A C K E N Z I E

I knew school wouldn't stop in time because of me. I expected minor changes. For instance, more drama. Something like a new queen bee or a new student. I did not expect this.

To start off, the school was completely crowded. There were swarms of boys and girls everywhere. It is obvious that the boys and girl school merge was completed.

I did my best to not bump into others. That did not go well. People didn't even try. They touch shoulders with stranger and seem fine.

I didn't notice until now that I completely lost Maddie. She was supposed to bring me to my friends. Oh no.

"Maddie!" I yell.

I felt and tug on my wrist and spin around to face Johnny.

"Johnny!" I exclaim in relief.

Finally, someone I recognize.

"Over here." I guides me over to a semi empty place.

It was less crowded. My friends were all leaning across the lockers and beamed at my sight. I shyly wave at them, embarrassed. I noticed Maddie was not here and panic.

"Don't worry, she stopped by and told me to find you. She's actually been to school, so she knows her way around unlike someone here." He teases, playfully shoving my shoulder.

"Something you guys wanna tell us?" Annie's voice break the moment.

I shake my head while Johnny grins.

"Sure bout that? Johnny was the only one you let in." Lauren adds.

"Actually, Maddie broke into my room with a bobby pin."

"You didn't kick him out, so same thing." Brynn rolls her eyes.

Ruby laughs but continues her make out session with Ashton. Surprisingly, the sight of it didn't make me want to die.

Jayden was just having a flirty conversation with Connor, probably caring less about my existence. Brandon smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Hey Brando." I say.

He seemed to be one of the most happy people to see me back. Besides Lauren and Johnny of course.

"Moving on quick don't ya think Kenzie?" And Annie. She is definitely excited to see me....move on.

I roll my eyes. "I said 'hey' Annie."

"With a nickname I've never heard before."

"Have you been under a rock?" I mutter and Annie glares at me, not amused with my 'change'.

The warning bell rings and I almost get run over by a stampede of people. I turn back to see who pulled me out of the way, expecting Johnny. It was Brandon.

"Um, you guys to start to class. I have to go to the office." I say.

Brandon smiles and lets me go, walking with he rest of the group. Annie doesn't hesitate to wink before strutting off with the others.

I sigh and make my way to the office. I barely remember where it is. I make my way over to the glass doors and push, resulting a 'ding' sound.

The office lady, Mrs. Mellow perks her head up. She simply nods at the hallway leading tot the principal's office. I thank her and walk off.

I know I'm here to talk about my schedule and drama, but I feel as if I'm in trouble. My fist are about to make another knock on the door, when it flings open.

"Miss Ziegler! What a pleasure to see you at school again." Mrs. Jane smiles enthusiastically and waves her hand towards to the chair.

I take a seat and place a smile on my face.

"I am very sorry for missing school last week Mrs. Jane." I say, not finding any other words.

"Don't worry Mackenzie. You are going through a tough time. We don't expect you to be the happy and bright student before the incident. The staff wants you to know that we won't be keeping out an eye on you."

"Take your time to heal Mackenzie. But we do hope that you will heal in school too." She finishes, and I nod.

"You can count on me being in school Mrs. Jane. I think being surrounded by others will help me."

"Good, good. Well, you should be heading to first period. You still have a good 30 minuets left." She stands up and I do the same.

I smile and walk out the door behind me.
-
-
-
"How was your day Mack?" I slightly cringe.

"Good." I say back to Ruby.

Nadia is driving me home since Maddie is busy. She has been acting weird lately, or rather this morning. I don't blame her though.

"My b.t.s. wasn't actually that bad. Although, I'm pretty sure that the teachers noticed I kinda zoned out."

"Oh my gosh! You listen to bts?!" Ruby squeals.

"What? What's that? I was talking about back to school." I say, confused.

"Never mind, forget it." She mutters and I giggle.

"I believe this is your stop!" Nadia says.

I look out the window and sure enough, my house is standing in front of me.

"Yes it is. Thank you!" I sing to Nadia, climbing out of her car and closing the door shut.

Her car speeds off.

If I'm being honest, school did help. All the late work and new changes took my mind off the death of my mom. I couldn't ask for a better distraction.

I mean, sure, it is going to end soon but I have time. Not only that, I think I might have a thing for Brandon and he might feel the same way.

At least this way, I have someone. Johnny is complicated.

I turn the knob to my front door. My father was home, his front car parked in the driveway. It isn't everyday this happens.

I figure he wants to talk about tomorrow.

"Mackenzie? Is that you?" I quickly take off my converse and walk toward the kitchen.

"Yes!" I call back.

I finally come face to face with my step father.

"I have some news for you. It's regarding the death of your mother and this family." I gulp.

He is talking serious. This is not about the funeral tomorrow.

"What is it?"

"We are moving."

Those three words just ruined my life.
__________________________________
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALLLLL!!! (if you don't celebrate Christmas, i hope you had a great day!!)

so here is a chapter. sorry im a little late but here it is!

-celine🎄💛🎄💛🎄💛🎄💛