Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

                “Mmm, okay, I’ll try to believe that Janus Clinton is your bodyguard,” he told me while wearing that devious smirk on his face.

                “How did you know it was Janus?” I asked.

                “He was painfully glaring at me in the Music Lab,” Roderich explained.

                I nodded and walked silently back to the classroom with him…awkwardly.

                The next class after Music was Latin Literature. I’ve always deemed Literature classes boring even when I was still in SRA—Mister Bovinelli was just telling us stories in Latin that made the entire class bored. In Vineyard High, the Literature teacher, Miss Lunette Helio, speaks more English than Latin. I didn’t even see the connection of teaching us Latin using English all the time. She even mispronounced the Latin words.

                My eyes were starting to fall down again. I didn’t really get a nice sleep in Janus’ house—or bed—because I was being plagued of what I knew about Ryll and Janus. What if I wasn’t there to witness the homosexuality issue? Would I still be plagued? What would be my impression about them?

                What if I actually fell for Janus’ kindness? NO WAY IN BLOODY HELL!

                “AAAAAAARGHH!” I yelled in the middle of Miss Helio’s class. Everyone looked at me while I promptly stood up and went to the doorstep. “I’m going to the clinic.”

                My walk to the clinic was uneventful. The hallways were abnormally silent. I saw Miss Cavendish about to leave, but she opted to stay as soon as she saw me walking toward the clinic. What was I thinking? Why am I thinking about him all the time?!

                “What made you come here?” spoke Miss Cavendish.

                “I need sleep,” I lied. I actually needed enough time to be away from Janus. He’s giving out a strong signal around him.

                “Oh, go ahead and rest, I’ll just check your tem—oh my,” she held my forehead, “you’re blazing! You have a high fever! I’ll go get something to cool you down for a while; I’ll try to call an ambulance!!”

                She ran away from my bed and grabbed forehead patches for fever from a nearby cabinet. After she put the patch on, she immediately ran for the phone and called the hospital. I suddenly felt very weak to stop her. Until I lost my consciousness.

                When I woke up, I already had an IV bag connected to my left hand. Shit. Why on my dominant hand?! Doctors walked around my bed—it seemed like I was just placed in the emergency room. There was a nurse standing close to my bed. “Excuse me, where is this place?”

                She answered honestly, “Vineyard General Hospital. It’s good to see you’re awake.”

                I nodded. “Why am I here?”

                “Well, you had a very high fever. You got dehydrated and you’re actually stressed and you’re over-fatigued.”

                “Who came here for me?” I asked her again.

                “Sorry, ma’am, we couldn’t find your wallet in your bag, so basically, we don’t know who to call.”

                My wallet’s not in my bag?! Oh yeah, I remember taking it out around the school. I have to go back! I kept my necklace in my wallet! My dad’s gift for me is lost!

                “Ah, miss, can I leave now? I have to go back to our school,” I said while pulling the IV needle off my hand and ran ahead without even hearing the answer of the nurse.

                I ran my way back to Vineyard High. Basing from the appearance of the skies, it was already around a quarter to eighteen. The gate was left defenceless already—the guards must’ve taken their time searching for students inside the school premises. I walked in and lit my way with my iPhone. I passed by the classroom, the lockers, the clinic, the garden where I punched Ryll, and the cafeteria—but I couldn’t find my wallet.

                I was about to give up until I remembered the Music Room.

                I was slowly walking my way to the Music Room when I heard two men talking…again…rather, making out this time.

                “Oh come on, Ryll, I know you like it when I do this,” a voice echoed in the silent hallway.

                I peeked against a wall. Shit. It’s them again! Damn, why do I always have to be with these guys?!

                I saw Janus giving Ryll butterfly kisses on his neck and ended it with a hickey. Ryll—instead of being pleased—was irritated and pushed the bigger one away from him. “Get away from me, you wanker!”

                Janus merely smirked and pinned Ryll to the wall and harshly gave the smaller man on the lips. Ryll’s arms were still pressed against Janus’ chest in a futile attempt to push the bigger guy away from him. I was shocked and so frozen in my place. Janus can actually do that? Real people can actually do that with sincerity? I thought that only happen in anime! Oh God, this seems wrong, but as a rotten fangirl, this is my duty!

                I recorded everything with my iPhone. Sorry guys, this is just something that a Boys’ Love fangirl shouldn’t miss!

                Ryll pushed Janus away—this time, he managed to push him away just enough to stop Janus to kiss him. I heard huffs and sobs from the couple, probably from Ryll.

                Janus scoffed, “You thought I fell for that woman, don’t yo—”

                “Shut up,” spoke Ryll with venom, however, this didn’t stop Janus from speaking further.

                “Ryll, it’s not like what you th—”

                “I said shut up!!” Ryll curled his fists on Janus’ shirts. I was starting to shiver in my position. If I would be discovered, I am dead meat! I hope those two aren’t cannibals. My breath became hitched with nervousness, my hands froze while holding my iPhone—which was still recording everything.

                “Ryll, listen to me fir—” Janus bravely insisted. By that, Ryll’s anger went up in an alarming rate and grabbed Janus on his collar with rage.

                “Why are you doing this to me?! Shouldn’t you be doing this to your girlfriend, you bloody wanker?! I supposed you went straight already. Why are you still doing this to a gay?! Do you really want me to burn in envy and die in pain?! Do you want me to feel used and to be treated like a prostitute?!” spoke Ryll. His voice cracked. I supposed he was already crying. His voice was really pained and sad.

                It was making my decision to tell Anne harder than what I expected. I thought I hated Ryll…I realised I pitied him.

                Pitied him so much that I was ready to protect this relationship—but the question is…how?