Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

                We were both late for school. It took us a lot of time to stop his mum to ‘help’ me in my ‘pregnancy’. My mum would really kill me for that even she’s that kind.

                We both sat in their car. I tried not to bring up anything that happened in their house, but we were obviously dead when they’ll know we lied to them. I was wearing his mum’s clothes. It was a loose puffy sundress and white flats. I seriously looked like a pregnant lady with the outfit. It puffs out starting from the middle of the torso and ends on my knees. If ever Mrs. Clinton notifies the school about the ‘pregnancy’, I and my future will be dead.

                “Oh, yeah, are you really pregnant?” Janus nervously asked. I was taken back.

                “No. Actually, you took my first kiss,” I replied. “I was just disgusted by how you were addressing me earlier and I normally faint when I see puke.”

                “Ah. I see.” Another round of silence governed after that. “Please don’t tell anyone. I won’t tell anyone about what happened either. Besides, we really have to impregnate you for my mother.”

                “WHAT?” Has this person lost his brain?

                “She’ll be upset if she’ll know we lied. It was all your idea anyway,” he replied. I admit, it was my fault—but then again, he was the one who told me to go with the flow. All I know, I was trying to keep myself safe…but I guess it did the opposite effect.

                “I—I was just acting on impulse. Besides, you were the one who gave the idea, not me.” I crossed my arms and looked away.

                “How did I give that idea? You were the one who told mum about the ‘baby’!” he shouted. I glared.

                “If you weren’t calling me those icky names, I would’ve not barfed and collapsed. I got that idea when I barfed,” I retorted and rolled my eyes. It was really his fault in the first place. Why did he even bring me in his house from the start? Or even find for me when it was raining? He’s not my owner and I am never owned by anyone!

                We arrived in school. I was happily greeted by Anne, but Ryll did the opposite. He was glaring at me—now more vicious than how did yesterday. Now, I understood his phases, he was getting jealous—and I worsened his jealousy when he saw Janus open the door for me. It wasn’t like what he thought—the damn door wasn’t opening from the inside. So, he just helped me and opened the door from outside.

                I am going to be sooooo dead.

                Anne approached me first and gave me a hug, “You didn’t tell me you were my younger sister! I always thought that you were the Baron’s niece,” she paused and held my hands. I saw Ryll’s glare was even darker as if he was cursing me to rot in a bloody hell.

                I shook off Anne’s hands and gulped a bit, “Err, let’s talk later. When your boyfriend’s calm,” I said. She looked at Ryll and sighed.

                “Excuse us for a while, Your Highness. Don’t worry, I’ll make it up to you next time,” she said and waved to me while pushing her boyfriend away from us. That left me and Janus in front of the gate. Damn. Another scene with this guy.

                I looked around and saw Camille hiding in the bushes. I approached her with a smile—a reassuring one, she didn’t have to be shy around me. She’s a lifesaver. I certainly don’t want to remember anything about the stupid play pretend.

                “Hi, Camille, why were you hiding here?” I asked her. She stood still, very nervous.

                “Err, nothing, actually, Your Highness,” she spoke. I gave her an unbelieving look.

                “Okay, let me guess instead. You are alone here. When I talked to you yesterday, you felt happy because finally someone listened to you,” I said. She looked at me with shock. It seemed like I hit every button perfectly. Bingo!

                “H-how—?” she stuttered. I handed out my hand and smiled to her.

                “Let’s be friends, it doesn’t matter to me if you are a nerd because basically, I am a nerd too,” I told her and waited for her hand to shake with mine.

                She smiled and instead of shaking hands with me, she placed a cute calling card on my hand. It was shaped like a bunny.

                Fushigi Sakka

                24 Greenstone Place

                Vino Sancti Village MV0 1VS

                Sovereignty of Monsterre

                kamiru-chama@fushigi-sakka.ms

                +427-XXX-XXXX-801

                “So, you’re using your fake name even in your calling card,” I said. I grabbed my phone and immediately added her number to my phonebook. “Aren’t you afraid that people might know your real identity by your calling card?”

                She looked down. “I know that it might happen, but still, no one ever notices me. I’m like Matthew Williams in Axis*, he never gets remembered as himself. The people around him always mistake him for his brother, Alfred*.”

                I was taken back. She was a good artist. I loved her works and she should be praised for that, but she was getting the opposite treatment. She lived a life of oblivion. I pitied her.

                I silently gave her a hug. “Don’t think that way! It’s a pain in the arse if everyone notices you. Believe me. Creepy stalker media and your face being published in the newspapers, and bloody hell, your privacy is good as gone.”

                She smiled to me and said, “Thank you, Your Highness,”

                Fuck. Can’t this person remember that I’m not a Lady anymore?

                My bright smile disappeared into a glare. “You are not welcome for calling me that.”

                Her face froze and I heard her mumble, “Is she bi-polar?

***

*- Axis Powers Hetalia Reference: Canada(Matthew Williams) and America(Alfred F. Jones) Those people and APH are not owned by me. It's owned by Himaruya Hidekaz.