Chapter 5 - Unforeseen Diagnosis.

Chapter 5

I wrap my arms around her as the small sobs shake through her body. Her hairline is lined with sweat from the shaking and stirring and I feel so useless because I can't do anything about it.

"Sshh." I hush her quietly. "It's okay."

For a moment, I thought her nightmares were rectified, considering that she told me she slept well last night.

Well, she did. I know she did because she was perfectly fine and sleeping well. I didn't hear a sound come from her room.

Is it me?

Maybe it is.

She seems fine without me.

I hold her tighter as that assumption begins to build up in me. My mind has been preoccupied lately and coming up with these situations seems to become more of a daily thing.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I question, trying yet again.

She shakes her head and squeezes her eyes closed. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay." I reassure.

She pulls away slightly and lays back down on the bed.

"They're so vivid." She murmurs and I look down at her as her eyes become distracted with her darkest memories.

"It's just a dream." My voice is quiet.

Victoria lets out a throaty sigh. "I think seeing this psychiatrist is a good idea."

I lay down next to her and place my hand on my head, my other wraps around her body as she hesitantly shuffles closer.

"I think it is too. But I still would rather you talk to me about it. Maybe It would give you some closure."

I don't have to look to know she's rolling her eyes.

"Can you stop thinking about yourself."

"I'm not." I frown. "I'm generally interested in why you're feeling the way you are."

"It's not what your dick is telling me."

I prop myself on my elbow to look down at her. The surprise on my face is evident. "It's the middle of the night and I was sleeping. I'm sorry, I can't control myself."

She sighs.

"Go to sleep." I affirmed as I sit up.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to work on a few stuff." I stand from the bed and stretch my limbs before pulling on a pair of trousers.

"At this time of the night?"

"You seem to sleep peacefully without me." I leave a kiss against her cheek as she frowns at my accusation. "Sleep, baby."

After a long eye to eye contact with Victoria, she finally turns to her side and attempts to sleep while I walk back into my office.

I sit on my seat for a while, thinking to myself on how I managed to break trough her phobia before.

I can't even remember how I persuaded her to have sex with me after she told me what had happened to her. I was so caught up in what I wanted then.

But it's different now.

I care about how she sees me and what I do to set her off. I don't want to hurt her. I didn't have these assumptions and problems before cause all I wanted was sex.

I never thought relationships could come with consequences of caring too much.

All I cared about was sex and anything that'll calm me down if I had a rough day at work.