Chapter 22 - Side effects

"Victoria." I whisper. Her eyes remain closed as I run my finger softly along the bridge of her nose. "Wake up."

She groans annoyed. "No."

"Please?" I smile and she squeezes her eyes closed as I play with the loose ends of her hair.

"If the hotel isn't on fire, I'm not getting out of bed." She croaks.

I nudge my nose into her neck as I peak at her. "Come on baby." My voice is muffled. "I made breakfast.

Her eyes open after a moment and she gazes down at me.

"Breakfast."

I nod.

She smiles and I prop myself up on my elbow to look down at her.

"Good morning." I whisper quietly.

Her eyes soften. "I love your eyelashes."

I frown and roll my eyes before falling back down on my back and covering my face with the sheet.

"Aw don't be like that babe!" She chuckles and climbs over top of me to take the sheet off my face.

"You have a perfect face." She pinches my cheeks and I scowl.

"Don't do that!"

Victoria rolls her eyes. "What's for breakfast?"

I bite my lip. "Scrambled eggs, hash browns-"

"An English breakfast?" she smiles and I nod as she rests her head on my chest.

I gaze at the alarm clock again. "Re, I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I've missed two meetings already."

She faces me a little shocked. "Why are you still here then?!"

"I wanted to have breakfast with you. But you looked so peaceful sleeping. I didn't want to wake you."

She shuffles off me and stands to retrieve her bra on the other side of the bed. When she bends down, I get an eyeful of her ass as my shirt rises up her back and I grab it instinctively.

Victoria swats my hand away and giggles uncontrollably.

"No touching, baby." She teases as she pulls my shirt off her body. Her back is facing me and I suddenly see her game.

I bite my lip. "Stop teasing."

"Teasing?" she says sardonically as she clasps her bra. "I'm not teasing."

I pull the strap of her thong and she giggles as I let it go to snap against her skin.

From the other side of the room, she retrieves my sweatpants and offers them to me. When I reach for them, she pulls them away and I raise my eyebrow at her.

"Did you want these?"

"Yes." I smirk.

"Hmm you're going to have to get out of bed and grab these yourself."

I whip the duvets off me before standing and she hides them behind her back. A smile is stretched across her face as I pace forward and she steps back.

I'm immediately reminded of the time I chased her around the house back in Bradford.

I bite my lip. "Re-"

She runs around the room, a chuckle bursting through as I chase her down. She jumps on the bed and I raise my eye as I stand at the end of it.

I manage to grab her ankle and she falls back onto the bed. Thank fuck for large beds, I'd hate to think what would happen if she hit that headboard.