Nurse's Assistant

Type: Kaito x Bullied!Reader
R/C: Requested by Shingeki-No-LietPol
~~~~~

The fist made contact with your face and that was when everything went black. Birds chirped inside your head and the idiots that punched you in the face walked away, laughing, leaving your cheek throbbing in pain. The only thing you remembered at that moment was the date: May thirteenth. Another day in your horrible, stupid and screwed up life.

"What is this, the tenth time?" The school nurse's assistant frowned at you, worry carved into his brow. The nurse was dealing with another student, someone with a much more serious injury, so she requested the assistant to take a look at you. This was a common occurrence; your injuries weren't horrible, but they were painful, nonetheless. Every incident left you with the assistant in a small office, your face or head or arm or something else pulsating with pain, or even bleeding.

"The eleventh," you corrected him, your words causing pain as they left your mouth because of the bloody lip you had been left with, "I hate those jerks."

The assistant sighed and you looked down at your feet. There was one good thing about getting beat up, something so nice that it almost made the pain feel like it was worth it - almost, but not quite. He was quite a handsome man, this assistant, and what was better, he was a student, just like you, except a year older. His name was Kaito Shion, and he was the only guy you had ever seen with blue hair that actually looked nice on him.

"You really should talk to someone about it," Kaito sat on a chair facing you. You were sitting on a small bed with an bag of ice in your hands, pressed it against your injured cheek.

"I can't," you said, "My parents aren't around, the teachers didn't do anything about it...there's nobody to talk to."

"You're talking to me," he smiled, making you blush. Thankfully, it wasn't that visible, given how your cheeks were already red from being hit, "Maybe I can help."

"You are helping," you whispered, doing your best to face him, but you just couldn't look the boy in the eye, "You're helping me right now."

He shrugged and reached forward, taking the ice. His hand clasped over yours in the process and electricity coursed through your palm as a result of such a simple touch.

"S-Sorry!" Kaito apologized and quickly took the ice, realizing how the physical contact had left you feeling flustered, "I'll get you some bandages for your forehead, along with some fresh ice."

He smiled sweetly and your heart throbbed. After he left, you sighed, wiping your forehead, which was caked with blood, thinking about how you had been seeing Kaito for over a month now, every week or so. He didn't seem to have a girlfriend, either, but you only knew that because once, you stalked him. The whole stalking thing had left you feeling guilty, but you couldn't help it. You had a huge crush on the nurse's blue-haired assistant.

Kaito didn't return immediately, so you decided to hum to yourself while looking around. There were posters of dental hygiene and hand-washing stuck in the little room, and in one corner, towards the head of the bed you were sitting on, was somebody's black backpack. That was what really caught your attention.

It was mostly unzipped, with the edges of notebooks and binders jutting out. A small, pink sheet of paper was folded up and it protruded from the waves of white note paper, practically sticking out of one of the binders. You took a quick look around and snatched the sheet up, unfolding it and reading it.

The first thing you noticed was the date, written neatly near the top with dark blue pen. It was strange though; the paper was dated a week from today: May twentieth. You tossed your confusion aside and read on, stopping at the next line.