Book Club

Type: Miku x Gakupo
Requested by TheUltimateKellicFan
Author's Note: I never knew this was an actual thing. Then, the aforementioned user told me about it. I looked it up and found beautiful fanart! I ship this now. :3
I tried to be original with this! *sobs anxiously*
NOTE: I wrote the above author's note many many months back, when I started writing this. As I was finishing it up just now...I started to hate it very much and found myself extremely upset with it...I apologize to the requester. This one shot went through a lot. I just...man, I screwed up so badly here...I'll write another one once I have a bit of free time.
Forgive me...
~~~~~

I was sort of a bookworm when I was younger, before school got harder and teachers started piling up the homework. I found that it was harder and harder to find the time to read.

Then, in grade ten, I joined the school book club and my life changed. I found that I was able to make time to read, and I liked that.

And I kinda developed a crush on this one guy in the club. That was the real life changing part, I guess.

I saw him the day I joined the club, and instantly, I fell for him. Maybe it was his hair. It was really long and really purple. My hair was also really long, but it was teal. Still, I liked his hair. It looked so silky. And his eyes were a matching shade of purple. They sparkled.

It could've been the way he read passages from books. He rarely stumbled over words and he was calm, confident and composed. I regularly stuttered, but now that I think about it, maybe I stuttered because he was there.

"Welcome to the school book club!" A girl with scarlet corkscrew curls on both sides of her face greeted me on the first day, as I entered the room. "I'm Teto! This is Gumi, that's Leon, Len and Rin, they're twins, and Gakupo."

I looked over each of them, scanning their faces. They all smiled and Gumi waved to me. Then, I looked at Gakupo.

You're probably thinking that he was asleep or something like that, or that he'd make some sort of snarky remark about me, because that's how these sorts of stories tend to go, but no, he didn't do any of that. He was reading a book, and when I looked at him, he put it down and offered me a welcoming smile.

"Hi," I said quietly, taking a few steps towards the round table around which the club's members were huddled, on chairs. Teto pulled a chair over for me. She sat down beside Gakupo and put me in between her and Gumi.

"We actually just finished discussing Len's book," Teto explained. "So now, we'll be picking out new books. It's a different book for everyone. We have a large collection that the library lets us keep. Every two weeks, we swap books!"

I nodded, offering a smile. "Sounds like fun," I said, eyeing Gakupo. He was flipping through his novel, absentmindedly playing with a strand of his purple hair.

That was the first day. I knew that there was something about him that I was drawn to. Well, it was all of him, really, I guess. He discussed the books he read with great passion and that also got to me. Weeks passed, and all I did was watch him from afar.

Then, one afternoon, things started to change. It was a rainy afternoon and I was waiting by the school doors for my parents to come pick me up. The only thing that really stood between me and the torrential downpour outside was the glass door. I pressed the palm of my right hand against the door and a sudden voice erupted behind me.

"I have an extra umbrella," the voice said. I spun around. Gakupo looked down at me. He wasn't really smiling or frowning, but he was just looking at me. I sidestepped away so that I wouldn't explode from being so close to my crush.

"No, it's fine," I said. "I'm just waiting for my parents."

He nodded. "I thought you were stuck or something," he said. "The book club meeting ended kind of late today."