Chapter 14

Charlie's POV

When I got home, I listened to the messages on the answering machine, then looked over the mail. 

"Hey, Princess. I'm calling to make sure you know I'm thinking of you, and that I heard what happened with Violet. I'm glad you're okay, but I just want you to be careful and think through the situation next time. I should be home tonight, or tomorrow morning while you're at school. Michael is giving me a day or two off so I can be with you while this situation is happening. If you feel up to it, you can bring me food and stay for a while today."

Next message.

"Hey, Charlie. I'm sorry about last night, and I just want you to know that I love you. I appreciate that you risked your safety to come help me. I'm sorry for snooping. Call me back if you want to."

Violet's voice was soft and emotional. I'm not mad that they snooped, but I'm mad everyone is keeping me in the dark.

"Charlie, it's me, Michael. I called to make sure you were okay, I know it's weird. Everything will be explained in time. I also called to let you know that your group has been approved for this weekend and we expect you all here on Friday morning." 

Oh yeah, I forgot I was suppose to write a code for him with Kaine. Well, let's hope that doesn't get attacked when we go to do it. 

"Charlotte, it's me, Greyson." His voice sounded tired. "I know it's weird to call you, but I wanted to know if you could come in around four to help me with something. If not, it's okay, I get it. Let me know. Bye." His voice was awkward, making me laugh gently. You can tell he doesn't call many people and leave messages. 

I called Violet first, her well-being is still important to me even though I'm upset with her slightly. She and Luke were coming over to hang out for a little while. They said they'd go with me to the building my brother works at. Then, I called my brother, letting him know I'd be there around 3:15 to give him food. I didn't really want to help Greyson, so he can wait until I get there.

Luke drove his truck and I drove my car to the building. Today it seemed seriously busy for some reason. Security in the building and around the building, was more intense than usual. They allowed us three through without an issue, but forced others to stop and be checked.