Chapter 22

Mason's POV

After searching for Charlie for over two hours, I let Greyson know I couldn't find her. She's somewhere here, she wouldn't go far knowing that people would eventually find her and Greyson would be very pissed. When he showed up he had his father and some other men with him. He didn't yell at me, but seemed to have an idea of where she might be- his special room that even I have no idea of the items inside. 

When I saw the way he was reacting to an obviously confused Charlie, I was scared for her wellbeing. He never gets this angry, not even at enemies. He had a horrible grip on Charlie, she was clearly in pain and fearful of the outcome that would come from Greyson. He's been struggling lately with his self control and his Beast. When he basically shoved her back, I wanted to destroy him for it. She's been through enough and even I wouldn't put her through similar situations, ever again. She ran faster than I've seen her move, just to get away. He turned to the door and closed it gently before turning to me. 

"Greyson, get a hold of yourself. You just ruined the trust you built with her, man." He started to calm down when silence fell over us. He was thinking hard about something, and for him that's never good. "Grey?" When he looked up at me, I was entirely shocked at his actions. I stood there with him for over a half hour, consoling him and hugging him. He's never like this and never has been. They're definitely made for each other, but d*** Charlie, you're changing him.

When we finally went upstairs, Michael was fired up and ready to yell at Greyson. There was uncomfortable silence in the room, but Michael was waiting for Greyson to speak first. The two of them had a calm conversation for once, even though it was forced on both parts. Franky was gone, so I assume he went to console Charlie, something he did a lot after we all were mean to her or her friends. 

The entire situation escalated even more when she went to leave, Greyson wasn't having it. We all watched from a reasonable distance as they were having their fight. Anger was vibrating from Charlie, we could all feel and smell it. The other thing that I could smell? It was fear, from both of them. I think Michael picked up on it because normally we'd be dragging him off of someone with Greyson going primal. He was keeping himself together as Charlie spoke truths of his special room, and so much more about him. He somehow managed to calm himself down, stepping away from Charlie and removing contact. 

His words echoed out after he looked at us all, he tried to reject her, of all things! Charlie was having none of it, slapping him again. He hates being slapped, even more so in front of others. It is embarrassing for men, especially men of rank. It's almost degrading, but she chooses the right moments to set his a** straight with one. We all watched her drive away, shocking most of us because usually she's willing to stick around and figure out a solution.

When Greyson passed us, no one spoke. He actually took what she said to heart, she threw a lot at him. All things she said is never something you want to hear from someone you love, and it's clear that he loves her. He is toxic, he is unworthy of the pack, but most of all - he's unworthy of her. I'm hoping that nothing happens tonight to her, she's on her own. I'm praying that all will be well between them. I'm fearful that she'll take him back without him realizing his actions were disgusting and wrong, and I know she'll do it. It's who Charlie is, she's an Angel.