ii

wc : 695

"Pansy, I literally just embarrassed myself in front of him and his friends! Oh Merlin I must look like an absolute idiot, I bet he's talking and laughing about me with his two little midgets." Draco groaned, relaxing his back on the velvety sofa at that the Slytherin common room has provided.

"First of all, yes, what the absolute fuck was that? I got second hand embarrassment from all of that earlier. Second of all, don't call Hermione that, she's actually nice, you know." Pansy sat herself on Blaise's lap on the carpeted ground, her back falling on his chest in a steady rhythm.

"What, since when do you care? And since when are you even on first name basis with Granger?" Draco stared at her, Pansy friends with Granger? What a miracle this is.

"Since she became my friend, you absolute idiot. We were partners in Potions and we became friends ever since," Pansy grinned, showcasing her teeth. "If you want to start things off with Potter, I suggest you try to stop being a jerk to his friends." Draco stared at her in disbelief as he never expected these words coming out from the girl's mouth, before mumbling a "fine".

There wasn't much people in the Common Room, just a few 5th years and 6th years sitting in a circle in the other side of the room, the rest of the Slytherins completely out of sight. Draco fiddled with his fingers, closing his eyes as he recall the earlier event. Potter's green eyes, stern yet delicate, staring back into Draco's. The green of his eyes were dark, golden specks enhancing his eyes. The outer ring of his eyes were dark, his iris is a spectrum of green and light yellow. They were mesmerizing, yet hypnotizing.

He was lost in his train of thoughts about Potter's eyes until he heard a deep voice spoke, "You know, Draco, if you like him that much, just ask him out. What's there to lose? I mean, we're currently in 8th year and after this we're not here anymore and there's a chance you won't even be seeing Potter anymore. It's now or never, really. Get him before it's too late, you don't want to see him with a wife and little Potter babies in the future and you ending up unhappy being with some rich, snobbish pure-blooded girl that your Father has arranged for you that'll stop by for tea every Saturday noon and has lunch dates with your Mother do you?" Blaise chuckled then smiled, and went back to playing with Pansy's hair. Pansy hummed in agreement.

He thought over about what Blaise had said, it's now or never, really.

He looked to his left and saw Pansy on Blaise's lap, Blaise twirling with Pansy's dark hair, and Pansy resting her head on the crook of his neck. Her eyes were shut, and Blaise was staring at her, smiling some times. Ugh, his disgustingly cute friends. Can't they see that he's single as a straw here?

He might look like a lovesick puppy but his father never provided him any love, besides his mother on his early ages. Since he was never taught to love and was born in power, he is trying to find his own love which ends up to Harry fucking Potter.

He could choose to love a beautiful and young pureblooded girl that his Father would surely approve of, but no, his apparently raging hormones just had to land on the spectacled git.

The atmosphere in the Common Room was serene, but Draco's mind was far from being quiet. Tranquility radiated from the boy's body but not his racing mind. All he could think of is the boy, he tried to list out the things he hated about Potter.

After pretty much debating with his own head, he can't seem to find any flaws when it comes to Potter. Draco sighed and glanced at the clock in the wall. Crap, they were late to Potions. He stood up from his comfortable position and kneeled to shook the sleeping couple on the floor.

"Quick up, we're gonna be late for Potions."