11

Guanlin's POV

" I just can't tell her. " I said to Ziyu and she sighed. She sat on her bed, trying to think of an idea for me since i'm pretty soft towards sad people.

I know I have to tell Gayeon the truth but it's hard to say when she likes me and yet, I don't feel the same back to her.

" Maybe you can tell her through message ? " She asked and I shook my head.

" Too harsh. " I said, thinking how sad it would be to be broken up through messages, finding out that your boyfriend don't actually like you.

" Letter ? " I shook my head.

" Too old fashion. " I said.

She rolled her eyes, " Solve yourself Lai Guanlin, you ain't gonna listen to my suggestions anyways. " Ziyu said as she stormed out of the room.

I sighed and threw myself onto the bed. The bright light shines into my eyes, I used my arm to block out the light and Gayeon's face appeared in front of me.

It's the face of her sobbing.

That's how she's going to look like when she realised I don't actually like her and it's all just a mission go Minah because of some petty memories.

I sat up, ruffling my hair in frustration.

That's the bad part of me, I can't stand seeing people being sad. I would become all soft and I can't reject them and that's a bad trait.

I suddenly got a message from Gayeon.

Gayeon: My parents wants to meet you ! ^_^

I have to tell her before I really meet her parents, I don't want them to think I hurt their daughter on purpose. More importantly, I don't want to hurt Gayeon's feelings.

I sighed and decides to go to sleep.

The next day, I woke up and I felt restless. Honestly, I didn't want to go school so that I can avoid the situation I am in now.

But I'm not gong to avoid it, i'm going to face it and concur it. If I can calm the softy Guanlin down then yeah sure.

I got school and I instantly wonder if I should turn around to go home.

" Guanlin ! " Gayeon ran to me and held my hand.

" My parents told me to ask you to come over to my house today because they want to see you ! " She said cheerfully and that's when I told myself,

I have to tell her.

I dragged her to the rooftop, " Look Gayeon, I have to tell you something because I think you deserve to know this. "

She looked at me with a smile, waiting for me to say whatever I have to say

" L-Let's break up. " I said and tears started filling up her eyes and she looked away.

" Why ? " She asked softly.

" W-What did I do wrong ? Tell me, I can just change myself ! " She said and my heart just broke. I know that she will be sad but I didn't know, she would be this sad.

" It's not you, it's me. " I said, I know it's a typical line in a drama but i'm not in a drama.

" You know Minah, don't you ? " I asked and she thought for a moment.

" She told me to date you, make you fall for me and then dump you. I realised she used me and I can't believe I stupidly followed her instructions I- "

I felt a stinging sensation on my cheek and realised, Gayeon slapped me.

She looked at me sadly, with tears in her eyes and she ran away. I was left alone at the rooftop. I felt really bad but I know if I didn't tell her today, she would be even more hurt.

I sat down, leaning against the wall.

I brushed my hands through my hair and cursed myself internally. I really hate myself for being so gullible, thinking Minah loves me.

Because of that, I hurt an innocent soul who truly fell for me and I can't fall for her back.

Please stay safe Gayeon.

Gayeon's POV

I looked at my own reflection in the mirror and I looked so ugly. Red nose like rudolph, red puffy eyes like some creature and mucus half out of my nostrils.

I can't believe I fell for some jerk.

If only I believed mom and actually know that I couldn't find a guy by myself. Maybe I should follow whatever my mom says.

My heart hurts so much, knowing that I fell for someone I shouldn't fall for is so miserable.

My first love is someone who doesn't deserves me, he is also someone who I thought truly loves me but no.

He cheated my feelings and helped out some woman who I can't reme-

Wait.

Minah ?

Choi Minah ?

She's the girl who hated me so much because guys that she likes like me instead of her. I've always wanted to be close to her but she kept drifting away from me.

I didn't know she hate me this much.

I can't believe she would sacrifice my first love just so she can hurt me.

Knowing that can't make my hatred towards Guanlin any better. He is a jerk who doesn't care about others feelings and just listen to whatever he thinks is right.

What a jerk.

If only I didn't meet him, if only I didn't fall for him, if only I didn't love him this much.

I thought sacrificing himself for me shows that I meant a lot to him but it simply means Minah means so much to him that he would sacrifice himself just so he could complete Minah's little mission.

Tears rolled down my cheeks continuously, I really wish this is just a nightmare but no, this is reality and this is what I have to face.

My heart hurts so much, I trusted him too much. I said so many good things about him to my parents but I have to take them back.

He means so much to me but he broke it.

I loved you, Lai Guanlin.

23rd Dec 2017

I've published a new Guanlin's story so please check it out !! Thank you !!

There's some kind of riot downstairs which is so bad that a whole group of police have to come and a few ambulance have to come too. They started screaming and then a boom sound was heard.

It was kinda scary.

Stay safe everyone !!