9

Gayeon's POV

When I got home, I saw my mom sitting on the couch speaking to someone on the phone. She was smiling widely and looked really happy.

" Sure, tomorrow 1pm. Yes. See you. " She hanged up and diverted her attention to me.

" How's the date with Auntie Lee's son ? " I sat beside her as she looked at me, waiting for an answer with a smile.

" It was good, we clicked really well. " I said and she nodded with a smile. She seemed really happy when I said that but it was all just a plan.

She told me to take a rest since I had a really long day today and I followed her instructions. I went to take a shower before going to bed.

When I got up the next day, I got to school and everyone were just talking to their friends while my friend is just missing.

I went to my seat and all I had in mind was about Guanlin. I wonder how he is doing since he got hurt because of me anyways.

My phone rang and I answered, knowing it's my mom who actually called me.

" Are you in school ? " I replied yes since it's true that i'm in the school compound which is really sad but whatever, don't have a choice.

" Uncle is outside, come out now. " She hanged me up and I took my bag pack and walked to the pick up area.

I got in the car, " Ma'am informed me to pick you up, she said you're going to skip school today. " My eyes widened and he drove to god knows where.

" Uncle, where are we going ? " I asked and he points at the sign board as he drive.

Incheon International Airport.

Why are we going there ?

When we got there, I saw my parents standing at the arrival counter with worried expressions on their faces.

" Oppa, what's happening ? " I asked Taehyung and he looked over at me nervously.

" Grandma and grandpa was supposed to arrive a few hours ago but they've not even reached. We called them and it didn't get through. " He said.

My eyes widened as I looked around to see a few groups of people standing around the arrival counter, crying their eyes out.

I searched up about this incident and my eyes widened. They suspected that maybe there's a plane crash or some sort.

I walked over to my parents and I hugged the both of them but instead of feeling better, they started screaming at each other.

" It's all because of you ! If you didn't ask them to come today, then none of this would've happened ! " My mom screamed.

My dad glared at her, " Why do you have to toss everything to me ?! Ever since we got married, everything became my fault ! "

" Since when is everything my fault ?! Have you ever asked what did you do for this family ?! " My mom raised her voice even louder.

I pushed past them and they stared at me in shock, tears started rolling down my cheeks. I'm a really emotional person so yeah.

" Stop ! Stop pushing the problem to each other ! I know you guys don't truly love each other but can't you spare a thought for oppa and I ?! " I screamed and ran to the washroom.

I knew about my parent's marriage being an arranged one and they don't actually love each other. I wanted to just ignore it, maybe ignoring is better but they are just pushing the problem to each other in public.

I'm not trying to be a bad daughter, at the end of the day i'm still their child, i'm still their blood.

" Gayeon ? Gayeon ! " I heard my mom's voice echoed through the washroom as she called for my name.

" Grandma and grandpa arrived. " She said and I felt better, at least there's something that made me feel happy today.

I walked out of the washroom cubical and my mom walked to me, I realised her eyes were puffy.

" Gayeon-ah, your dad and I are really sorry about that. We didn't mean to make you and Taehyung upset over our marriage. " I shook my head.

" Mom, I understand that your marriage is arranged but what I can't understand is, why are you always finding fault in dad ? why can't you let dad have his ways and rights ? " I asked.

She was shocked, " I did what I think is the best choi- " I sighed.

" Do you know dad actually do love you ? I overheard his conversation with oppa and he said he actually love you but you will never fall for him. " She looked down at her feet.

I held her hands, " Mom, can you please for once, just let dad have his own rights ? " She sighed before nodding her head.

I was about to walk out when she held my arm, " I won't force you or Taehyung to go for blind dates anymore. " I smiled.

We walked out and saw Taehyung and my dad standing outside the washroom with my grandparents.

" Gayeon-ah ! " My grandpa ran to me and I hugged him really tightly. It's been a really long time since i've last saw them.

They got a lot older but they are still the warm hearted grandparents I know from the past.

My grandparents live in Japan ever since they got married and they send my mom to Korea since they got a good candidate for her to marry to, who is my dad.

When we got home, my grandparents came into my room with Taehyung.

" Can you help us ? " I asked my grandparents with my puppy eyes, trying to ask them to persuade my parents to not divorce.

My grandma looked over and grandpa and chuckled. She looked at us and gently caress our hair.

" To tell you the truth, your grandpa and I got married and it was arranged too but we slowly fell in love without knowing. " She smiled.

" From what I see, your parents already fell for each other unknowingly. " My grandma nodded.

My grandpa held my grandma's hands and gave it a little peck,

" I thought arrange marriage was the worst thing but I managed to meet the love of my life because of it. "

16th Dec 2017

I'm leaving for Taiwan tomorrow so I might not be able to update during my trip :)