t w e n t y f i v e

My legs are swung over Micah's lap. I lay back on the towel watching him, he stares out into the ocean with a cigarette between his lips. I adore this man. Sitting up, I wrap my arms around his neck, sighing, "thank you for bringing me here, Micah. I love it."

"I want to extend this trip another week."

"I have class."

Micah raises his eyebrows, "and?"

"And I need an education to get a job."

"You don't need a job with me," he grins.

Cause I'll be with you forever, huh? I desperately want to ask. I don't. I keep quiet and press my lips to his neck. Whatever this is.. whatever Micah and I have isn't forever. Actually, I don't know what you could call this. He isn't a normal boyfriend, are we even a couple? Or I'm I just his thing?

"We'll go out for dinner tonight," Micah runs his hand through his damp hair.

I nod, "sure, I don't mind."

Micah's arm snakes around my waist, cradling me into his side. "Micah," I whisper, grabbing his attention. "What are we?"

"People," he looks down at me.

Frowning, I hit his side. "I mean.. what are we? Like, boyfriend.. girlfriend.. you know what I mean."

"Do I?" Micah asks.

I hit his chest, "you're so annoying."

Micah grins kissing my neck. I sigh putting my fingers on his lips pushing him away, "you're not allowed to do that mister."

He smirks running his hand down my leg. I sigh looking at the waves that crashes into the sand and roll back into the water.

"If we weren't anything why would I bring you here?" He asks. "I don't get why you're confused, you're my girl. End of story."

"Micah," I groan, crossing my arms over my chest. "Girl? Girlfriend?"

"I thought I said end of story," Micah looks down at me, "I guess not."

"I hate you."

"You aren't a good liar, darling."

I hit his shoulder with my fist. I'm just waiting here like an idiot, expecting him to call me something more than his girl. I'm more - we're more than that. I sigh, curling my legs to my chest.

Micah is a walking devil. I need to head to a Sunday session at the local church to get rid of his sinful touch. He should join, maybe the priest will bless him of his sins and sprinkle him with holy water. I laugh, I couldn't ever imagine Micah in a church.

I've spent too much time around this man. I've changed - not that, that's is a bad thing. But I've forgotten simple rules I lived by for my whole life, hours of homework each night, call my parents weekly, attend Sunday church any time I can squeeze it in, no anything with a boy. Why can't I do all that anymore?

Surely, I didn't change that much.

"I'm going to get a drink," Micah stands up. "Do you want something?"