Chapter 10: Alec

The next day, Brittani had begged the Head Master to give us permission to leave so that she can go shopping. I didn't understand why she had to drag me along but the way she pleaded was epic. 

*** 

"Please! You have- No. You must let us go. Those shoes are on sale for a limited time only!" 

Head Master Limuel cleared his throat "Brittani, If it was just you who's leaving, that I could allow. But I don't see the point why you have to bring Katherine." the Head Master said. "She needs a lot of catching up to do." 

"She's my chaperone. I can't go along shopping without her, I'll have no one to carry my stuff." 

"I think he's right. There's no need to bring me with you." I interrupted. 

"Shut up. I'm trying to spare us a day of training here." Brittani whispered. 

"Excuse that?" Master Limuel said. Brittani turned to him and collected her breath. This is gonna be a long talk. 

"Look, those shoes are highly in demand. About an hour from now they might be sold out. If I don't get those shoes then I'm gonna be pissed. If I get pissed, there will be drama around here. I don't mean screaming-off-my-head-while-bitching-out-on-something kinda drama. I'm talking I-will-kill-somebody-because-I-didn't-get-what-I-really-really-want drama. And I'll start with you, Head Master." She sounded extremely menacing that I felt sorry for the man. 

"Well, I think you should go then. Bring Kayla and Martin with you for protection." He said. 

"Yay! Thanks." Brittani said completely ignoring the fact that she just went berserk. She bounded towards Limuel's chair and hugged him, the man looked uncomfortable. 

*** 

"No!" Brittani cried as her eyes left the item catalog of Century 21. "Sold-out, Really?" 

"What's wrong?" I asked her. 

"They are sold out on the Victoria Beckham pumps" She pouted. 

I never really understood the difference between a peach colored pumps and a peach colored pumps that was designed by someone famous, I mean they're still the same chunk of material that you wear on your feet right? Anyways, Brittani loves to spend her time shopping. Most of our hang out places are malls all around New York. Not that I enjoy being around places crammed with people that I dont know but the idea of being away from home and the cruel monster that lives there is rather irresistable. Brittani's head spun robotically as her eyes followed a tall guy that walked past us. 

"Yum-mee," She was about to follow the guy but I yanked her backwards. 

"I thought we are going shopping?" I reminded her. To my surprise, she clasped both of my hands and batted her eyelashes at me. "Oh please, Kate. I've been around females so much. I need some testosterone." She pleaded with her crystalline eyes "Forty-five minutes." 

"No, Fifteen minutes" 

"Thirty," she bargained 

"Fine, meet you outside."  

"What do you mean meet you outside? We're both going." She grabbed my wrist but I recoiled. 

"I can't. My feet hurts, I'll just wait for you." 

"Really, Kate? thats the best lame excuse you can come up with?" She snorted "I'll see you later. But for now I need to know where cute guy went off to." She sang and started to shimmy. 

I stiffled a laugh. Brittani and I parted ways after agreeing at a rendezvous point. Brittani is the only person that I can't lie to, she just knows me all too well. I walked around the mall. I really felt bad that I left my bestfriend to her own device. But I was just so sure about this;