Epilogue - Back Home

At Megan's HQ, everyone was looked over for injuries and the process of getting the Pokemon back where they belonged began. Police had taken must of the Team Rocket grunts into custody, along with the majority of the executives. Archer was held back at the HQ with us to have a new cast fitted for his broken arm, and Giovanni was being questioned deep in the facility before he would be handed over to the authorities.

Considering the severity of the situation, it was a miracle that nobody had died or even suffered serious wounds. The explosives had done little more than shock the grunts who had witnessed them thanks to Nelly's warning, and nobody had fallen victim to Guzzlord in the end. Paolo and Sol both had dislocated shoulders, but they were quickly addressed by medical staff. Other than that, the people and Pokemon who had been present were largely unscathed apart from a few scratches here and there. Even Yu hadn't been hurt, miraculously. However, staring down the gaping maw of a vicious beast was sure to have shaken him up, and Magnus sat with him until his mother arrived.

Alicia was up and out of bed, seemingly fully recovered from her fever. Acerola was with her, and the royal sisters were glad that everyone had made it back in one piece.

"Thank goodness!" The older one sighed with relief at the sight of us.

"Meow!" Minerva mewed.

"Did you really doubt them?" Acerola laughed.

"No, of course not! It is simply a relief, is all."

"It's good to see you up and about." Nelly smiled.

"Yes, I feel much better."

"What are you two going to do now?" I asked them. "After all, won't your dad and his royal army be looking for you still?"

"Actually..." Acerola smirked.

"As it happens, your sister has offered to accommodate us here for as long as we need." Alicia said.

"Huh. That's nice of her."

"Indeed. I am hoping that one day soon, Acerola and I will be able to live freely from royal duty. If we must remain here for safety for now, then so be it."

"Don't worry, they'll take good care of you." I looked around at all the people moving through the HQ.

"All's well that ends well." Nelly smiled. "Maybe you'll even be able to go to Christmas parties or stuff like that soon."

"Mrrow!"

"Perhaps, but it would do us good not to get too overly optimistic." Alicia chuckled.

A few feet away, Megan stepped out of her office with Gabi and watched as he walked off to talk to the others.

"Toby! Nelly!" She called out to us. "Can I speak to you for a bit?"

"Oh, looks like we're needed." I looked over.

"Thank you again for everything you have done for us, my friends." Alicia bowed her head. "My gratitude knows no bounds."

"Knock it off, Sis!" Acerola shook her head. "You don't have to talk like that anymore!"

"Ah, yes, s-sorry..."

"Anyway, thanks guys!" The younger girl gave us a thumbs-up. "I'll take care of my sister, so don't you worry!"

"Haha, we're counting on you!" Nelly nodded.

With that, we waved goodbye and followed Megan into her office.

*

"Good work, you two." Megan smiled at us, stood opposite, behind her desk. "The operation was a success – even with that unexpected hitch at the end. From what Kiria told me, you figured out that those pens were explosive."