Chapter 6 - Fiery Feline Fight

"So how exactly are you planning on getting your Pokemon back?" Ix asked. He and Penelope sat opposite Nelly and I at a fancy white a inside the Hano Grand Resort's main building. The commotion of Team Rocket's assault had died down, and it was actually quite impressive to see how quickly these people were able to go back to normalcy. Looking around at the guests parading through the lobby, you would never have guessed that everyone had been running around screaming not twenty minutes ago.

"I haven't figured that out yet." I admitted.

"Well, I'd offer to help you, but to be honest, I don't think either of us would be of any use."

"He's right." Penelope sighed, twirling a straw in her colourful drink.

"I mean, you were the strongest out of all of us." Ix shook his head. "It just sucks that they targeted you... If it were the other way 'round, your Pokemon would be kickin' ass and saving everyone else. But I'm afraid my skills aren't good enough to really help you guys in comparison..."

"No, that's all right." I smiled.

"We wouldn't want to put you two in any more danger." Nelly nodded.

"But what happens when they find out you tricked them?" Penelope wondered. "Won't they come back?"

"Maybe..." I thought about it. "But it all depends on why they're taking our Pokemon in the first place. They're obviously targeting Destiny Angel specifically..."

"Hm..." Ix sat up.

"What's up Hun?" Penelope looked up.

"What if it's not just us?" He proposed.

"You mean...?"

"If they're going after strong Pokemon, surely Orpheus are gonna be a target at some point." Ix said.

He was probably right. Italy were the champions of the World Tournament, after all. The thought of Team Rocket acquiring Pokemon that strong was frankly unsettling.

"But they're stronger than us." Nelly put forward. "If anyone can fight them off, it's Paolo's team, right?"

"Right." I agreed. "He's strong. He won't lose to Team Rocket like I did..."

"But you saw how many of them there were – heck, you saw how overwhelming they were before you even came here!" Ix frowned. "Not even the world champion and his teammates will be able to stand up against those sheer numbers."

"Maybe you're right..." I sighed.

"Wait... They got us because we were unprepared." Nelly shifted. "But just now, we formulated a plan and managed to deceive them. So if we warn Orpheus somehow, there's a chance they can plan against an attack."

"Mm!" Penelope nodded, in the middle of a sip. "You're right!"

"Can we get in touch with those guys? They might even help you get your Pokemon back!" Ix said enthusiastically.

"I don't know how I feel about dragging other people into this mess..." I swallowed.

"Everyone needs a helping hand sometimes, right?"

"I guess so..."

"I bet Megan could find a way to contact them." Nelly suggested. "She's got loads of contacts in her line of work, right?"

"Good idea." I nodded. "I'll give her a call later."

"I'm glad you figured something out." Penelope smiled.

"And I'm sorry we can't really be of much more help... But thanks again for coming to save us." Ix stood up.

"No worries." I stood up too. Nelly and Penelope followed.