Chapter 5 - Resort Retaliation

Ix reached the far end of the pool and rose up for air. He rested on the edge for a moment and looked back.

"Looking good, Ixy!" Penelope waved from her sun lounger.

"Thanks Babe!" Ix waved back and plunged back below the water.

The Sun was beating down hard, but it seemed to be concentrated on the Hano Grand Resort. Dozens of people were out under umbrellas, down at the beach or swimming in the pool, all whilst staff in white uniforms catered to their every whim. The atmosphere was that of total relaxation.

Once again, Ix's head broke above the water, at the opposite end of the pool this time. He took a moment to regain his breath, and had been about to dive down again when something caught his eye.

"Hey, Penny!" He called.

"Hm?" Penelope sat up, her vision tinted by her sunglasses.

"Look over there!"

She reached up and lowered her sunglasses slightly, looking over the rim. "Oh, fancy seeing them here."

*

Nelly and I walked into the Hano Grand Resort and looked around at the wonderfully-kept flowerbeds and white bridges that snaked over pools of crystal-clear water. Alicia was behind was, seemingly enthralled.

"Alicia, didn't you say you wanted to go to Heahea City?" Nelly asked the hooded girl. "We just walked through it."

"We did?" Alicia stopped and turned. The city was indeed back the way we had come. "O-oh my... I'm sorry, I seem to have completely missed it."

"But we walked all the way through..." I blinked.

"Did you have your head down the whole way here?" Nelly asked jokingly.

"Aha..." Alicia blushed and adjusted her hood. "Anyway, my apologies. Thank you for allowing me to accompany you this far." She bowed slightly. "I shall now take my leave. Safe travels."

"You too." We nodded.

She and her Meowth walked back out of the resort, though I couldn't help but wonder if they even had any idea where they were going.

"What a strange girl..." Nelly smiled.

"Oh well." I shrugged. "Anyway, we should find Ix and Penelope-"

"Hey! Long time no see!" A familiar voice called.

We turned towards the big swimming pool to see Ix climb out, trailing water as he walked towards us. It was strange to see him without his pompadour, as his wet hair was just long and black with red streaks down the sides.

"Ix!"

"What's up, man?" He asked, stopping before us with his hands in the soaking pockets of his swimming trunks. "Nelly." He nodded towards her.

"Actually, we came here to find you." I said.

"For real?" He seemed surprised. "Well hey, you'd better come see Penny too, yeah?"

"That would be great." Nelly smiled.

"Ok, follow me!"

"Watch your step." I said to Nelly, being careful not to tread in any puddles or slip on wet surfaces.

"Right."

*

"What a pleasant surprise!" Penelope stood up when we got near, her bare feet in flip-flops and a sun hat on her head. We said hello and Ix sat down on a towel, taking a drink from a water bottle beside Penelope's bag. "I'm trying to get a tan." She said, shifting one of the straps of her swimsuit to show how her skin was darkening. "It's going pretty well, if I do say so myself."