Coalition of the Past and the Present

Naruto and Temari were sitting in the back room enjoying the sunset. Silence hung thick in the air, but it wasn't the awkward silence. It was more of the comfortable, understanding silence. Naruto gazed lovingly at his wife. She was due any day now and Temari was as demanding as ever. Yet at the same time Naruto swore that she was as beautiful as ever. Raising one of his eyebrows asking the question, Temari nodded in response. Naruto lowered his head and placed it gently upon her stomach. He felt the kicks and chuckled to himself.

"How is the little one?" Asked Temari.

"If the kicks are any indication the child will be strong like its mother." Smiled Naruto, giving Temari a quick kiss on her lips, he returned his attention to the sunset.

"That maybe true but I hope that it is as cute at its father."

"We will see my heavenly lily."
Temari sighed and laid her head on his shoulder. Her stomach rumbled, she looked up to see Naruto roll his eyes.

"What will it be this time my heavenly lily?"

"Hmm..." she thought about it, "I think ramen will be fine, but none of that instant crap."

Naruto sighed and got up. Heading for the kitchen his thoughts strayed to Sakura. It wasn't often that he thought about it, but he hadn't seen her recently. Now that he thought about it he hadn't seen her in a month.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Across town Kamizaki was making his way to his apartment. He had bought the thing after a week at Sakura's. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy being with her it was just the fact that he really didn't know her at the time.

When he got there he unlocked to door, grabbing a glass he headed for the sink. Turning on the faucet he got his glass of water. His thoughts began to stray to a day many months ago.

Magen : Flashback no Jutsu

It was a week after Naruto and Temari had gone to Suna. Tsunade had asked Kamizaki and Sakura to be a substitute teacher while Iruka was away on a mission. But on this particular day Sakura and Kamizaki had been held up. It had been a nice day earlier, but come the late afternoon storms were rolling in. When they had left the school the rain had come in. It wasn't one of those warm rains, but more of a cold one. When they got to Sakura's apartment she fainted while trying to unlock the door. Kamizaki placed a hand on her forehead, it was burning up. She might have a fever. Normally Kamizaki would not have entered her house unless invited, but he didn't think that she would be able to take care of herself.

Carrying her into the family room he tired to gently wake her up.When she didn't he didn't know what to do. He would have removed her clothing, but that might not be such a good idea. The only thing he could come up with was use his own body heat to keep her warm. He pulled her up against the left side of his body. Grabbing a nearby blanket he covered her up.

He must have fallen asleep because when he woke up Sakura was sitting there looking at him.

"I'm sorry. I'll be going." Standing up he went towards the door, but stopped when he felt her grab his shirt.

"Please don't go. Cough. Please stay." When he saw her eyes pleading at him to stay, he turned around.

"Alright but you should go and get into some dry clothing. It won't help you to have soaked clothes on."

Once she had changed and she had eaten some food, she sat back on the couch. She waited for him to sit next to her when he sat down she laid her head on his shoulder. They would remain like that all night.

End of Flashback

Signing once again Kamizaki walked into his family room to be greeted by the sight of Sakura Hanuro sitting on his couch, smiling. Kamizaki smiled back.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Naruto was getting the ramen ready. Stirring in the noodles, he thought about how his life was going to change. He loved the idea of being a father and hoped he could be the best father possible. The idea of having a family was exhilarating and scary at the same time.

"NARUTO!!!"

Upon hearing this Naruto stopped what he was doing. Running back to the room he had come from. He saw Temari. She was looking at him, scared.

"Naruto the baby, its coming."
-------------------------------------------------------
770 Words