The Return of the Bird

“Kamizaki!” Temari ran to the bloodied body. Taking his head in her hands she cried over her friend.

“Tsunade-sama what happened?”
Tsunade exhaled, “We have no idea. He came to the gates this evening like this. I am surprised he was even able to get here in his condition.”

“What is wrong with him?” Temari looked at her through tearful eyes.

“He had a ruptured spleen, multiple stab wounds from kunai and swords, a concussion and that isn’t even the worst of it. He has so much internal bleeding that we were only just able to stop the major wounds. Sakura has been working on him ever since he came in. She had to call for my help. The only thing that surprised me is the fact that all of his bones are intact. Most people would have had multiple fractures. There is more than meets the eye with this boy.”

Temari looked back at him. Naruto couldn’t see her like this. Wrapping his arms around her, she fell into his embrace.

“It will be alright Temari-chan. I know he will pull through.”

Sakura looked at Naruto and Temari sadness filled her eyes. Tsunade saw this, but didn’t say anything. “Naruto and Temari, Sakura and I still have work to do I would appreciate it if you two left.”

Naruto just nodded, Temari walked over to Kamizaki and kissed his forehead. Turning back to her husband they both walked out of the room.

Tsunade looked at her pupil, “They seem to be doing alright.” Moving back to where she had been before Naruto and Temari had come, she continued to work. Sakura just nodded. “Sakura I know that you are going to find someone like that. Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if he was in this very hospital.

Outside in the waiting room. Naruto and Temari had found a spot to sit.
“Temari-chan are you sure you are alright?”

“Naruto-kun I am sure of it. I am just worried. Kamizaki was one of the few people to actually get close to me before Gaara had his issues.”

Naruto nodded. He would have been lying to himself if he didn’t like the fact that she had kissed Kamizaki.

“There isn’t nor was there anything romantic between Kamizaki and myself. We were just good friends. I am sure you understand what it is like to be all alone in the world. Kamizaki was like that before coming to Suna.”

Naruto knew that feeling all too well. He may not have known why Kamizaki was alone, but he knew that Kamizaki was special in Temari’s eyes so maybe he should jest let it go.

A few hours later Tsunade came out of the ER. Making her way to the Waiting room she stopped right before opening the door. She smiled at what she saw. Sitting in chairs side by side were Naruto and Temari. Temari had her head resting on Naruto’s shoulder, while Naruto was resting his head on her head. Both were out cold. Tsunade turned around and walked away trying not to disturb the moment.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Temari’s eyes shot open. Jumping up and running into the ER room, she never noticed Naruto fall and hit his head on the arm of one of the chair.

“Naruto quit messing around Kamizaki isn’t in the ER we have to find out where he is.”

The couple basically ran to the receptionist upon finding out that he had been moved. They rushed to where they had been told. When they had found the room, Temari burst through the door. Sitting upright in the bed was Kamizaki, though he had bandages on a substantial portion of his face. She could still see the blond hair poking out from them. Sakura was standing next to the bed talking to Kamizaki. However when he had heard Temari crash through the door his attention turned to her.