What May Come

Temari stared at her husband. He had been sleeping ever since they had brought him home from the wedding. Every one that had been present had no idea what happened. They all claimed to have been in some sort of nightmare and when they woke up they found Naruto on the floor in his own blood. How could we all have let this happen. It wasn’t as though she really cared for Naruto; it was just that she didn’t want to fail this mission. Yet she felt that she owed him for saving Gaara from himself, but other than that she didn’t feel indebted to the boy. Another thing that bothered her was that he was younger than her and yet here they were married to each other.

Naruto stirred, he felt the presence of another being, but who it was he couldn’t discern. When his eyes finally focused he realized who it was. Sitting up he realized he was bandaged on his left chest. Temari gave him a quizzical look as he began to pull at them. When he had finally torn the damn things off she was surprised. She knew that Tsunade was good, but no one was that good.

“Naruto are you sure you should be doing that?” Asking as unemotional as possible.

“Yeah I heal really fast. Besides what are you doing up at a time like this?” One of the first things he had noticed when he had woken up was the moon light filtering through the window.

“Why shouldn’t I be, is it not right for me to be worried about my husband?” The way she said it felt like she was forced to utter those words. “Besides I wanted to know what happened.” So this was the real reason she was up.

He knew that he was going to be asked this sooner or later. “What was the last thing you remember about the wedding, Temari?”

“I remember hearing an explosion and seeing smoke coming into the room, but then I seemed to fall into some nightmare.”

“Yes, everyone was put into a genjustu, well everyone except me. There were three people who claimed to be there to stop the wedding. While everyone was in the genjutsu I had to fight you to try and stop it. They got away and then I lost consciousness.”

Temari had finally grasped on what he said, “You mean I stabbed you?” He nodded.

“But don’t worry about it you weren’t yourself. Besides here I am all fine.”
Forcing a smile onto her face she nodded in agreement. Standing up she walked over to the other side of the bed. Pulling up the covers she got in. Naruto had shock written all over his face.

“Ah… Temari, what are you doing?”

“Well now that we are married I think it would be wise for us to sleep in the same bed.”

“Oh…” Lying back down, he turned over so that he was facing away from her. Looking at her husband’s back Temari could only shrug. It would be a long week to come if this continued.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The next morning Gaara and the rest of the sand-nin who had come left the village. She and Naruto stood there watching them leave. She knew what was expected off her and she embraced it fully, but for some reason it didn’t feel right.

“So what do you want to do today?” Naruto asked trying to break the uncomfortable silence that had enveloped them.

“Why don’t you show me around the village?” Sure she had been a representative for the Chunin exams, but she really hadn’t seen much of the village.

“Sure.” They began their walk in silence.

After visiting the Ichiraku’s Ramen stand, the school, His team’s training grounds, and hokage monument; Temari dint think she could listen to much more about the kid. However she did notice that some of the older villagers looked at Naruto with contempt and wicked intents. It wasn’t that she wasn’t use to this, but she couldn’t understand why the villagers didn’t like him. He had defeated Orochimaru and Akatsuki almost single handily, so why was Naruto disliked.