The Non Teacher's pet - Ziall Horlik

I almost cried when I heard the sound of my alarm. Was it that necessary for teenagers, who were at their prime in looks, ability and smarts, to have to get dragged out of bed to a place where there are children-hating teachers who take way too much advantage of the fact that they’re in charge. I hated teachers and I was positive they hated me too. How couldn’t they? I was a smartass, I never paid attention nor did I do any work. I sat at the back of the classroom with my two best mates, giggling and teasing the kids who were very eager to be at school.

What can I say? School isn’t for everybody, but coming from a decent family, they would never let me drop out, at least not in my final year. I enjoyed the outside aspect of school, I had a large variety of fit guys and girls to check out, as well as a smoking hot girlfriend who always offered to ditch through classes I hated. School was basically my playground. Everybody was scared of me, yes, by everybody that includes the principal who is far-too ‘chicken’ to suspend me.

I oozed out of bed, as I rubbed my face. “Zaynie! Time for school” My mum calls from downstairs. I yelled out into my pillow, wanting to spend the rest of my life in bed. I loved bed, it was so comfortable and just plain amazing. I sigh as I rub my face, getting all excess pieces of sleep out of my eye. I shrugged on a singlet which was laying on the floor of my room along with the other piles of clothes as I tried to wake myself up.

Shaking my head I stand to my feet, walking toward my bathroom. “Zayn are you up!” I hear mum yell again. “Yes mum! I’m up geez!” I yell back as I turn on the faucet, soaking my hands and bringing them to my face. I brush my teeth, put on some deodorant and aftershave as I walk down stairs. “Morning’ mum” I smile as I walk over to the laundry basket. “Why can’t you just hang your clothes up Zayn?” She sighs as she walks towards me with the iron in her hand.

“There’s no point in hanging clothes up, mum.” I say lightly as I grab out a white t-shirt and a pair of black jeans. “I’m sure, Holly would straight up dump you if she found out what a pig you are” She says sternly as she picks up a few t-shirts that I had dropped onto the ground. I walk over to the fruit bowl, grabbing out an apple as I go toward the stairs. “Holly would never dump me” I scoff as I begin walking up the stairs. “And why is that?” She chuckles raising her eyebrows.

“Because she couldn’t get with anybody that would compare to me” I wink as I close my door after me. I quickly get dressed, I grab my bag as I spiff the apple at my bin. I groan as it misses, not even bothering to pick it back up. “Mum, are you ready?” I ask as I see her standing at the door, looking through her handbag. “Yes honey, remember I’m picking you up from school today” She murmurs as she gets out her phone. “Got it” I repeat as I walk out of the door, giving her a light peck on the cheek. 

I go out toward my black car, getting in a playing whatever song was on the radio. I drove toward my best friend’s place, Louis. Lou and I had always been best friends, from the beginning of pre-school til’ now. We just have so much in common, we both hated school with a passion, both had no troubles in our love-lives and we were very popular at school as well as my other friend, Harry Styles.