Epilogue

A/N: Okay, so a lot of you didn't like the end. Hey guess what, I DIDN'T LIKE THE ENDING EITHER. But, y'all don't know what I have planned for the sequel, so the end is pretty important. To clear up a couple of things...

1) I have never read Stephany Meyer's The Host. Someone brought to my attention that Dr. Burns sounds like it's from The Host. I've never read it and I don't particularly care for Stephany Meyer. I'm so happy for you if you do, but I do not, so all of this is original. Promise (; Sorry for the confusion.

2) The epilogue and the new character in the epilogue is very important for the next book. At the end of the epilogue I'm going to give you a summary for the next book. I haven't decided exactly what I've decided to do, but this is an idea.  Which means, over the next month I'm going to begin several versions of the next book. In fact, this may turn into a trilogy. You never know...

3) Enjoy the epilogue.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Epilogue 

Leah grinned at me and leaned over to kiss my cheek. “Happy Anniversary, baby,” she said, presenting me with a giant chocolate chip cookie. ‘Happy Six Months’ was written in blue and white icing across the top. 

“You’re the best, you know that?” I tightened my arm around and planted a quick kiss on her mouth. 

She shrugged. “I try. I baked it myself!”

I sent her a weary look. The last time she tried her baking, she almost burned my house down. “You? Baking?”

She nodded, a proud look on her face. “Yep. It only took six batches of cookie dough before I got it right, but here it is!”

I laughed. Every day I fell more in love with Leah than the last.  “Okay, let’s see how it tastes!” I picked the cookie up and took a big bite. I chewed and looked around, pretending to be pensive. “Mmmm mhmmm. Pretty good.” Admittedly, they were better than her last batch, but they still weren’t great; they were edible, at least.

My phone began to ring on the table beside us. I would have rejected it, except that it Lindsey Bouanchaud, and I rarely got calls from Jenna’s parents. “I’m sorry, but I need to take this.”

She glanced at the caller ID and nodded, smiling just barely. 

“Hello?”

“Jason.” Lindsey was out of breath, an excited tone in her voice. “It’s Jenna. She woke up.”

_______________________________________________________________________________

Okay, so that was the epilogue. She did wake up. YAYYYY.  Some of you are going to hate Leah right off the bat because she's not Jenna. Remember, Jason waited five years before he could even begin to date. It was the beginning of his last year of college when he met Leah. Please don't judge to harshly. 

CHAPTER ONE OF BOOK 2 : THE AWAKENING WILL BE OUT ON JULY 4, 2012. THIS WILL BE MY HAPPY 4TH OF JULY PRESENT TO ALL OF YOU. 

Okayyyy so here are the summaries.

Jason: She woke up. The girl who changed my life woke up. My Angel woke up. I found out on my 8 month anniversary with Leah, the only girl willing to fix me. Seeing her, all of the feelings I suppressed for five years came rushing back. Jenna would have a long road ahead of her, and I knew I wanted to be apart of that. 

Jenna: I woke up in a hospital bed. There were dead flowers sitting around the room and deflated balloons dotting the floor. There was a lot of commotion around me. My mother and father ran in and told me that I had been in a car accident and in a coma for the last five years. I was scared and angry. I was angry because the boy I was fighting with five years ago wasn't here, because for some reason, the only dream I can remember when I woke up was him saying "I love you" over and over again.

Leah: When I met Jason Anderson, I knew that he was different. I knew that he had his problems. I knew that whatever it was in his past had cut him deep. I let myself fall in love with someone who was in love with a brain dead girl. 

We met in his third year of college, my first, at the University of Albama at Birmingham. I was a new student, running along the indoor track when I saw him running towards me. We made eye contact, and I thought I was in love right there. The next time I tried to talk to him, he wouldn't look at me. Slowly, very slowly, I began to get to him. It took a whole year before we went out. I found out about Jenna, the girl that ruined his life, by accident. Then, all of a sudden, she wakes up. Jason is good to me, though. This girl, the one who ruined Jason's life just may ruin mine.

I know the summary is rought, but that's because I haven't begun to write it yet. Idk if this is exactly how it will go, but hey, it's a start!

ANYWAYYYY,

Now it's time for me to get all sentimental. I appreciate all of you that have read all the way through and that have supported me. Your comments and votes are the reason I was able to finish it. Without the support y'all gave me, this never would have happened. So thank y'all, and stay tuned for the next book!

Once again,

LOVE

Bre