Chapter Four

A/N: Okay, first of all, you guys are fantastic!!!!! I'm gonna talk more at the end, but I just want to say now, 26 VOTES UNTIL I UPLOAD, YES 26!! And I just want to be different, which is why it's 26. Who knows what it's going to be next time (: Hehehehe

ENJOY!

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Four

            Have you ever had that feeling? That feeling that something is wrong, that someone is watching you? I had that feeling as I made my way into a surprisingly quiet house. A note was tacked onto the fridge from my parents. Apparently they had picked up Ellie and were at Holly’s house for supper. They should be back by nine.

            Shivers went down my spine as I realized I was completely alone. Maybe it’s paranoia or maybe it’s just me overreacting, but I grabbed a knife out of the kitchen and slowly made me way to my bedroom, my stomach twisting into a nervous knot. I pushed my bedroom door open slowly. “Well hey now,” a deep voice said.

            I let out a piercing scream as I held the knife in front of me. “GET OUT!” I screamed, waving the knife in the air as I flicked the bedroom light on to reveal a smirking Jason. I gasped and dropped the knife, narrowly avoiding cutting my feet.

            “Weren’t expecting to see me?”

            My jaw clenched up. “Well, now that you mention it, no I wasn’t expecting to see you. What are you doing here anyway?” I didn’t move from the door. He was the first boy to ever be alone in my room with me. Actually, he was the first boy to ever be alone in my house with me and my twisted into an uncomfortable knot. “You should go.”

            “See, someone took my truck and made me walk home,” he said, sending me his I-know-something-you-don’t-know look.

            “You didn’t walk home. You rode home with Vanessa Miller,” I said disdainfully. Of all people to go with, he just had to go with someone like her.

            He laughed. “No I didn’t, I just said that to make you jealous. Did it work?”

            “No.” I straightened my shirt. “I just thought that you said you went with her. After all, you did interrupt my date to call me and-”

            “Your date?” Jason asked, his jaw setting. “I didn’t know that you had a boyfriend. I thought that you were single, especially after what happened last night.” Jason’s eyes clouded over with an unreadable emotion.

            I shook my head. “No, he’s not my boyfriend.” I waved the Barnes and Nobles bag in front of my face. “He bought me this. Umm… Jason you really need to go. I have things I have to do tonight. Important things, like umm…” Jason got up off of my bed and was walking towards me. He stepped so close to me that I could feel his hot breath on my forehead. “School stuff and the… uhhh…” He leaned down so that our foreheads were touching. One hand trailed across my cheek, tucking one strand of hair behind my ear. “Dragon.” My breathing hitched in my throat and I tried to back up, but I was against a wall.

“Dragon?” He rasped, dragging his lips across my cheek.

I’m such an idiot! Why did I say dragon?! Anything was better than that! “Please stop,” I whispered, putting one hand on his chest and pushing slightly.

            Jason backed up and smirked. “Two can play that game, Angel,” he whispered so soft I could barely hear him. “Better watch your back,” he said, walking away and out of the house.