Chapter 4

Grell rolled over onto his stomach, even though he was badly injured, being the "Death God" he was, his injuries healed quickly. Probably shouldn't have bandaged up Sebastian.... Grell groaned and sat up, yawning then reached for his glasses and put them on. He looked around the room, the chocolate colored room seemed as if they would melt in the morning sun. The tan blankets, that cascaded over the bed, had small velvet paw prints on them. Stella, the cat that Grell owned, meowed from the floor and hopped into Grell's lap. 

"My, my Stella, Sebas-chan cleaned you up." This was true, Stella's black fur felt like a plush stuffed animal and she had a red ribbon around around her neck that substituted for her collar, Grell picked up Stella and set her aside as he climbed out of Sebastian's bed. Grell walked to the door and started to reach for the handle, the knob started to move. In panic, Grell and Stella both ran behind the bed and ducked down. 

"Grell? Are you still here?" Sebastian said. Grell poked his head on the top of the bed. Sebastian turned his head towards the reaper and locked eyes with the red head. The one thing that made Grell want to melt with the chocolate walls, was the relieved smile that Sebastian gave as the reaper stood up. 

"Well yes, I just woke up a few mintues ago..." the reaper yawned and rubbed his eyes. 

"Ah, so cute.." Sebastian said in a daze at the reaper.

"Pardon?" Grell asked. 

"Nothing," Sebastian chuckled shaking his head. When Sebastian heard the hurdling footsteps of the other 4 servants towards his door, he looked at Grell in panic, "You need to go.." He said sadly. 

"But-b-" Grell stammered as Sebastian began to pull towards the window, "But, will I ever see you again?" He asked as he climbed out the window. 

"I'm sure of it, now go my love." Sebastian pulled on Grell's collar and pulled him into a sweet kiss. 

"SEBASTIAN!" The servants called as knocked on his door. By  the time time Sebastian got to the door, Grell was dashing off Phantomhive property, back home with coat and heels in hand. 

"What is it?" Sebastian asked the servants, but like he had to, seeing the whole hall, covered in soap. 

"You used too much soap to wash clothes didn't you Mey-Rin." The butler put a hand on the side his head. 

"I'm sorry Sebastian, yes I am. I read the label wrong, yes I did." 

"well clean it. Chop! Chop!" Sebastian clapping as the servants dispersed quickly. The demon turned around and closed the door, hearing a soft meow. Stella emerged from under the bed. 

"Ah, it seems my little rose has left a petal behind." He said looking at the cat. 

***  

Grell quickly rushed home, cleaned up, changed, and ran out the door to work, putting his hair in the usual ponytail with the piece of toast in his mouth, waiting for a carriage, putting his other shoe on.

The grim reaper looked up at the building and sighed. William would be there, probably furious at him. He'll have to avoid him somehow. Maybe the short cut? Or go through the back? Or run past him, real fast? Grell then decided on taking the short cut, climbing the building and and getting through the window into his office. Grell, doing this many times, took out his chainsaw and reved it up. He then began to travel up the building and jumped through his open office window, landing on the floor with a loud thump. 

"Welcome back to work, Grell." Madame Red giggled from behind her desk. Grell sat up and looked at the piles of paper on his desk. 

"Honestly dear, I'd rather be anywhere but here..." Grell sighed, nomming on his last bit of toast. The redhead leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes for a moment. I can't believe Sebas-chan kissed me, He thought. The feeling of the demons lips on the reapers made Grell spring up blushing. Madame Red giggled from desk.

"What's so funny?" Grell retorted. 

"Your cheeks are the same color as your hair!" Madame laughed behind her desk, her chair spinning as she went on about the quotes Grell says about the color red. 

"You stop laughing Angela!" Grell said, his cheeks burning. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door to the office, Ronald then poked his head into the room. 

"Hey Sensi-Grell!" Ronald chirped as the two redheads argued. Their voiced dropped as they both looked at the other reaper. 

"Hello Mr Knox, Is there anything I can help you with?" Madame Red said, calming down the tone in her voice. 

"Uh, yeah, I got a delivery Grell," the straw-blonde-black haired reaper explained as he leaned on the desk of Madame Red, "You look as beautiful as ever Miss Red." Ronals flirted, making Madame Red, red. 

"Don't flirt with her, now, Ronnie, what do you have for me?" Grell asked, Ronald then pushed foreward Stella, still clean from that morning, with a note in her mouth with "Grell" written in red. 

"Stella?" Grell took the cat and Ronald left with a wink. Grell took the note from Stella, it read;

    A rose should never leave a trail of petals, you left one behind. "Love is a riddle...." ~Sebastian Michaelis

Love is a riddle, Grell thought, "Yes it is isn't it..." 

"Pardon?" Madame Red asked.

"N-nothing! Get to work!"