s h e l l

Vaughn realised that love was very much like the ocean

Hunting for your soulmate, in his opinion, reassembled a child scavenging the seashore for a beautiful shell. As soon as the shell they believe will complete them is spotted they dash towards it, feet leaving dents in the previously perfect sand in their haste. 

The child is desperate to get a hold of the object of their desire. But there is a force working against them. The ocean. The ocean that snatches the beautiful shell out of the child's grasp just as they are about to reach it. The ocean then proceeds to deposit the beautiful shell onto another beach, only for another naive child to admire. Before sweeping the shell away once more. A never-ending cycle. Of disappointment. Of admiration. Of despair. Of reluctant rejection of a once shining dream. A shining dream to have a beautiful shell. Before the ocean swept it all away.

Occasionally, rarely, the child will grab hold of the shell just in time before it is swept away. Of course, the child will cherish that shell, not willing to loosen their grip for fear that the ocean will make another attempt to swipe the shell away.

From what he was witnessing from the way Shane was clutching onto his cousin he could see that the superstar had indeed found his beautiful shell. From the desperation of the embrace Vaughn imagined that, like any child, he had continuously grasped at shells. Only to have them snatched away. This time, however, he had reached the beautiful shell just in time. With no intention of the ocean plucking her from his grip.