Chapter 3

I didn't say much as we travel to the school we had our mission in. Alucard passed the time by asking me about my scars which I refused to tell him about. "I'll take the top floors." I say when we got there and left them to deal with the bottom floors and the basement until all I could see were ghouls. I could hear the bangs from Alucard's guns ring down stairs making me roll my eyes at him before getting to work on the ghouls in front of me. The odd thing there was hardly any ghouls up here and I see an odd man who comes flying at me and knocks me down some stairs a knife near my throat shocking me. I thought it was the vampire but up close I could tell he was a normal old human. "What is a we lass like you doing here?" The man asks and I spit in his face making him throw me down the stairs my back hitting the wall at the bottom. I needed to warn Alucard and deal with the rest of the ghouls. I stand quickly not wanting to chance that crazy priest coming after me. I end up in a room full of ghouls and one of them catches me off guard biting into my leg not drawing blood bit it hurt like hell. I stab a knife in his head before going back to shooting other ghouls.

When they were all dead I rush from the room to find Alucard only to run into more ghouls that push me down and I had no way to fight them off seeing as how my gun was knocked from my head and just out of reach. My knife was to little to take out this many ghouls and I knew the chances of Alucard or even Police Girl getting to me were slim to none. I guess my days as living were going up in smoke so I close my eyes before trying one last time to get my gun as the ghoul crawls over my body to my neck where I feel its breath on my neck letting me smell rotting flesh. It was time to say good buy but the ghoul was pulled off me and I was looking up at an angry looking Alucard who killed every ghoul around me before looking down at me and pulling me up to my feet. "Stay close to me Fire." Alucard says as we walk until he points to a door. "Clear that room." He barks and I nod quickly reloading my gun before walking in.

Once the mission was over I walk up to my room tired and in no mood for Alucard to have my blood tonight. Truth be told I was feeling a little sick and take a shower once I was in my room before changing into my pj's and falling asleep. I wake up to a hand on my chin and I look into red eyes. "Fire you and I need to talk." Alucard says before he leans in closer to me making me worry a little about what he was thinking. I knew he was a heartless vampire who only was here because of something the Hellsing family did years ago. His face was getting closer to the point where he was a hairs breath away. "How did you get the scars Fire?" He asks and I couldn't look away from him with the way he was laying on top of me as well as his hand under my chin forcing me to look straight up at him. I struggle a little in an attempt to get away knowing it would be useless in the end.

Alaucard's pov.

Bree was trying to get away from me but I wasn't going to let that happen. I don't know why I had gotten so angry seeing that ghoul on her earlier or why I cared so much about how she had gotten hurt but here I was trying to get her to tell me. "Get off Alucard." She growls at me and she digs her nails into my side in her attempt to get me to let her go. "Once you tell me what I want then I will." I say and a frustrated look enters her eyes. I liked that look in her eyes, it stirred this hunger in me that I hadn't felt in a long time. "Fine, I got them doing my old job happy now?" She says quickly and I frown at her answer because I wanted to know the story not the reason for them. "Not really." I mumble as I look into her eyes to see them half closed and her body was limp under my own. "Why can't you just leave it alone? Why bug me about it?" Bree asks as she tries to look away and I let her chin go so her head rolls to the right giving me a great access to her neck. "If you want my blood take it and leave me alone. Just get it over with." Bree says her eyes now closed and I could smell something salty in the air only to realize that she had started to cry.

My mood turns fowl at the thought of her crying at all. I get off her and stand at the end of her bed watching her. "We will talk later Fire." I say before leaving her room and heading back to the library. I could hear the sobs from Bree making me mad for some reason and I start to read the book from the last time I was in here. 'Mates what a useless thing.' I think as I read over the book until I stop on the part of how to become mates and the way to undue them which there wasn't. I was going to have to be careful from now on when drinking from Bree so that we didn't end up as mates. Although the thought of Bree as my mate wasn't a bad one especially if she let me turn her into a vampire. I finally couldn't take listening to Bree cry so I walk back to her room only to hear someone else with her. "Your English it's a disgrace for you to be crying." Integra says and Bree gives a half laugh. "I'm Irish Sir Hellsing. You shouldn't be here anyway." Bree barks back and I chuckle at her response. "Integra and why shouldn't I be here?" Integra asks. There was silence for a while and then I could hear one of them moving about which I knew was Bree because she had lighter footsteps. "I guess you could be here if you want this is your house after all. Have I ever told you I hate this room, I would much rather sleep in the basement." Bree says making me smirk a little. I had a feeling she preferred the dark just like most vampire even is she is a human.