3 | The Third Chapter

The Third Chapter - Boyfriend Alert.

.

.

.

Me and Will went back to Will's place after school and we lounged around playing video games in his living room. Will was sitting on the couch while I was laying on it, with my legs bent before him as we played Zombies. We had ice-cream on the coffee table in front of us, and the sound on the T.V was loud enough that the neighbours would've been able to hear every time we got an Insta-Kill or Double-Points. We reached round 38 before we both died, which was when I sighed and put the PS4 remote on the floor.

"You suck at this game," Will said after a moment, and I turned my head to glare at him.

"Do not," I shot back icily. "That's the highest round I've gotten to with someone else."

"That's either because you suck or your brother sucks," Will retorted, putting his own remote down before resting his hands behind his head. I glowered.

"I don't suck," I snapped back hotly. "You were just too preoccupied with turning the power on to back me up with all the frigging hell hounds."

"I told you to back me up," Will corrected. "But you didn't even follow me. No, you ran away from me. You got yourself cornered."

"Then you ran straight into the mob I left behind when you tried to revive me," I exclaimed. "Who runs towards the big train of zombies?" Will rolled his eyes, but managed an amused smile nonetheless. I sighed. "So, what now pretty boy?" I announced as I clapped my hands together. "You gonna show me your bedroom?"

Will raised his eyebrows and scoffed as he lifted his hands up. "Um, hello?" he replied with a slight frown. "Boyfriend alert?"

I smirked. "Oh," I said amusedly. "I didn't realise you had a boyfriend. Well, why didn't you tell me? Now I just feel silly."

"Oh, that's hilarious," Will shot back, rolling his eyes. "But I meant your boyfriend."

"Oh, I killed him," I replied, glancing at Will. He looked up.

"What?"

"Yeah, I killed him," I repeated, rubbing my forehead. "Had to hide the body on Mount Everest last year. I couldn't tell the cops. What would I say, you know?"

"Okay," Will said after a hesitation, leaning back. "He's not in the picture anymore, then?"

"Oh, don't be jealous, Solas," I cooed, poking his arm with my foot. "I'm playing Zombies with you."

Will pursed his lips for a second, and I hesitated.

"What?" I said finally, and he looked at me.

"Huh?"

"What are you thinking?" I continued, shuffling around so I was sitting cross-legged on the couch, facing Will. "You look like you're thinking stuff. Tell me it."

Will grimaced, looking around before he spoke. "I just... I don't know you. And I want to know you. But I have a feeling you're not too keen on telling me, that's all."

"What about you?" I replied with a question of my own that was accompanied by a small frown. "I feel exactly the same about you, you know."

"So why are we both getting that feeling?" he pressed, confusion flashing through his dark eyes, but someone else answered.