Chapter 6: Secrets

Here's a short update ;) Hope you enjoy ! Let me know what you think !

Pic to the side is of Ivan! Eeeeep ;)

~

Jun awoke with a dull, aching pain in his skull. He flinched at the light blinking through his half open window. Sitting up, he noticed something off. It was as though a weight had been lifted from his chest. The weight. The one that had been present there almost his whole life. A desire to conquer and rule everything he came across, especially a man by the name of Klein Britanis. 

So what had happened? What had caused this relief to spread over Jun? Even he didn't know, but he liked it. He felt as if he could finally control his urges, which had been almost uncontrollable lately. All was good in Jun's mind now as he sat up in his bed and smiled. At last he could move on with his duties, though he had little as of now, as his role as the future-Alpha of the pack. 

He heard a slight knock at his door. He growled. What now? "Come in," he ordered. The door creaked open, revealing a very tired looking man.

"Who-"

"Your father wishes to speak to you immediately," he said, his voice sluggish. "About the rogue." Jun's ears pricked up. "He'll be in his office. Don't make him wait."

And with that, the mysterious man left without another word. 

Jun, letting out a sigh, went to go meet with his father. 

~

Knock, knock. 

No Answer. 

Knock, knock, knock, knock - !

"Son, get your ass in here," came a growling voice from the other side of the door. Jun rolled his eyes before entering the spacious office which his father spent most of his time. Their eyes met, a frown forming on the older man's stubble-ridden face. "What did I tell you before? Don't knock. It ruins my concentration."

Jun ignored his father's repetitive statement and instead headed towards a chair infront of the fireplace. A small smile touched his face as he thought about Klein, and how this was the usual seat he would sit in. How immature of me, Jun remarked silently. Like a school-child I am.

He sighed, but this time, happily. 

"Why did you call me in here, Father? I have other duties to attend to." They both knew this to be false, but left it at that. Jun rather enjoyed sounding all official-like infront of his father and Alpha. After a moment of silence and no reply, he turned to meet the man's serious gaze. 

"I am replacing Klein as my Beta."

As his words sunk in, a rush of confusion and excitement entered Jun. "You mean he's all mine, now?" Jun wanted to say, but stopped himself. Instead he asked, "Who shall replace him?"

"A man named Ivan," his father revealed as he lit up a cigarette. "I believe our goals are more suited to eachother's needs. Klein was getting a bit soft for me. He is better acquainted to be yours."

Me? Soft? Like Klein? Rawr.

"Our goals are similar, it seems, and I wish to exploit those. . ."

Jun waited for it. 

"But-" There is was. "Ivan is new to the pack, and sadly, I lack the time to get him better situated. You, however, my son, have plenty of time on your hands."

Jun could see where his father was heading. "You want me to show him the ropes, pretty much. Am I right?"

The Alpha smiled and blew out a trail of smoke into the air. "Precisely," he said, amused. "I expect you'll treat him ever-so-kindly my sweet little Jun?"

This time it was Jun's turn to smile. "Of course, Father. What kind of wolf do you take me for?"

"One that will rule this pack once I'm gone, Son. That's all a father can hope for."

They both chuckled harmoniously before Jun turned to leave. Hand on the handle, he remembered something. 

"What about Klein? Have you told him?"

"Yes. I all ready have him taken care of."

Jun didn't like his father's choice of words. "What-"

"Go now. Ivan is waiting at the house."

No matter how bad he wanted to, Jun didn't argue. He turned the handle, opened the door, and left without another word. 

~

Everything around Klein was dark and humid. His eyes wouldn't open. They were forced shut. Where am I? he wondered. 

Everything around him smelled dead, including himself. 

The last thing he remembered was tucking Jun into bed before returning to his own chambers. He had felt something off, but decided to ignore it. A lot of things had happened that night. He could absorb it all. 

His head hurt. Was I hit? 

He couldn't move to check the possible injury. His whole body felt heavy. 

Then he heard them. Footsteps. 

Then he smelled them. Wolves. 

Then he could hear him, not them. His brother, Ivan. 

He got closer, closer, and closer until Klein could feel his breath upon his face. 

"Little brother, how do you feel?"

"Mfffmm.." His mouth was taped. 

"I would remove it, but then your little whore mate might hear you. We couldn't risk that." A chuckle erupted from his throat. "By we, I mean the Alpha and I."

Confusion piled in Klein's mind. 

"You see, I managed to convince him on something. It wasn't hard, don't get me wrong. The man is half senile. I really don't see how you couldn't accomplish your mission sooner, brother. It was all too easy." His breath was ice into Klein's ear. "You're too weak to support the Shadow, that's a given. The Alpha agrees with me. So he has to toughen you up, you hear? To make you worthy."

Klein began to struggle. He wasn't scared. He was furious. He wouldn't be surprised if he changed right then and there. He wanted to tear out his brother's throat. 

"Which means, as I take your place as Beta, your little Shadow's life rests in my hands."

Klein went still. Jun.

"I could kill him . . ."

Ivan's voice began to fade away from Klein as darkness threatened to take him. 

". . . Or I could make him mine. . ."