Chapter 11

*Day of the Funeral*

RAIDENS POV;

Ouch!
I felt a knee kick me in the side and a hand slap my face.. *sigh* I grabbed my pillow and a blanket and made my way downstairs.

I looked up at the clock and it was 4:30 in the morning..
'I wonder what's wrong with mom.. Every time she gets like this in her sleep, there's always something wrong. Maybe grandpa's funeral is what's upsetting her.' I thought to myself as I placed my pillow on the couch closest to the fire and watched the flames continue to dance.

Finally just before I fell into a comfortable sleep something in the distance woke me up.. 'Aw man.. What now.' I thought as I got up to start investigating. I made it across the house to the master bedroom, the door was slightly cracked open revealing a dim light, I peeked threw and it was grandma.. She was on the edge of her bed crying, holding something in her arms.

A small creek from the door made her turn around as I walked in and seen her eyes red and puffy from crying. Im not good at this sort of stuff so I just did what my instincts told me. I walked up and hugged her, she squeezed me and let out a few sobs as I held her. Sometimes its better to just be there for someone and not have to speak one word.

HINATAS POV;

I woke up from the sun hitting my windows reflecting on my face and looked at my clock, it read 9:30. I turned over and my son was gone, my heart nearly stoping, I quickly got up to check the restroom but no one was In it. I ran downstairs nearly flying and seen his pillow and blanket on the couch but no Raiden. I ran to my sister's room but he wasn't there either. I started panicking as I ran towards my moms room, my heart still pounding from worry as I caught my breath and sighed in relief. There he was, cuddled next to his grandma as she held him in one arm. It was the cutest sight

"wow. He looks like such an angel. To bad he isn't with me" my sister said from behind me.

What are you doing up, Hinabi.

"Well it's hard to kind of sleep around here when you hear someone running around the house" she glared at me.

Sorry, I was looking for Raiden. I replied as I closed the room door and walked with my sister to the couch to turn the fire off.  We sat in silence for a while as we realized what today was. Hinabi let out a few sobs as I rubbed her back "it's gonna be ok little sister" I said trying to comfort her. 'Is it wrong that I don't have the urge to cry.. That I feel sad but that's as far as my feelings will go. Does this make me a bad person..' I quietly sat and thought to myself. "Morning mom" Raiden said rubbing his little eyes as he walked up to me. I turned around and gently patted his head "morning baby" I replied smiling.

Hinabi quickly dried her eyes and smiled grabbing Raiden and pulling him into her grip "dont forget about your favorite auntie!" "y-you mean my only auntie" he said between breaths as his little face turned red trying to escape her grip.

"Good morning my loves" a gentle voice from behind approaching.

"Morning mother" the girls replied and Raiden still struggling to get away from his aunts death grips.

"Oh hinabi, stop bullying your nephew." mother said hitting her on the back of the head. Finally, hinabi released his little body and sighed, "He's just so cute" she giggled.

"You're crazy, lady. You know that!" raiden yelled. "Why you little!" and within an instant she bolted towards the little shit and chased him. He managed to lock her out of the bathroom as she pounded on the door.

"Raiden, since you're in there take a shower and start getting ready for today. "Ok momma" he yelled back. "Hinabi.. Stop tormenting my son" hinata said as she walked upstairs to gather a pair of cloths for raiden.