Chapter 8

I woke up to a cold breeze hitting my face as I looked down and Raiden was sound asleep with his head resting on my lap still. I gently rested his head on a pillow as I walked over to the balcony doors and stepped outside, the stars were shining bright as I rested my arms and leaned against the walls railing and admired the view. It's been so long since I last stood here watching the stars and clouds slowly move..

I was quickly interrupted from my memories as I felt a small tug on my shirt. "Momma why are you out here, you're going to get a cold." the sleepy little boy said rubbing his eyes as Hinata swooped him in her arms. "C'mon little one lets change and get you to bed." she smiled kissing him on his cheek as he wrapped his arms around her, snuggling his face inside her neck. Half asleep he sat up on the bed his eyes barely open, she pulled off his shirt and pants and changed him into his pajamas, his shirt had the uchiha cress while his pants had the yin and yang symbol, after she changed into hers as well, but they only consisted of Sasuke's long shirt with his crest on the back and her underwear. She tucked him in and walked over to her bookshelf and grabbed a small book filled with bed time stories.

*light knocking*

I opened the door and it was an older maid with two cups of hot coco. "Thank you very much" hinata said as she bowed and grabbed the plate.
"Look love, our kind maid brought us up some hot coco" his little eyes weren't so little anymore as they grew excited. Hinata giggled as she set her son's cup next to him and hers on the other side with her. Not long after the coco was gone he fell into another deep sleep midway through the story. She smiled and set down the book, slowly getting out of bed she locked the balcony doors and windows and turned the lights off leaving only a small nightlight next to Raiden as she made her way out of the room giving one last glance at her son before closing the door.

"Finally free mama" a soft voice came from behind Hinata making her jump. "Relax sis it's only me" Hinabi said giggling as she grabbed her sisters hand and walked down stairs towards the living room where there mom sat looking threw old pictures of her small family..

"How's my little grandson" her mom asked as she set the album's down. "He's knocked out, our trip here did a number on him" she said as she sat next to her mom. "Ah, the Uchiha cress, are you with that dashing young Uchiha man" her mom asked smiling.  "Yea sis you never told us about the mysterious Sasuke" Hinabi chimed in waiting to hear the story. Hinata giggled and sighed as she told them the story of how they met.

As the women talked all night about stories and catching up with one another time flew by fast, Hinabi even brought out a couple bottles of wine. Not long after all 3 women were fast asleep and tipsy as ever. Well almost all 3, Hinata was still wide awake, the clock read 2am as she laid on the sofa staring out the window on the ceiling getting lost in the stars. Its been a while since she last drank this much. After about a couple minutes of stumbling to the kitchen she made herself a sandwich and slowly started to sober up. An hour passed and she was finally able to walk she went to check on Raiden who was still sound asleep. Her eyes still till this day can't believe how wonderful her son is. Specially in the Uchiha cress, it amazes her how much he belongs to Sasuke and not even a drop of blood is his.

She walked in and grabbed her phone off the charger, pants, shoes and closed the door behind her. She made her way downstairs almost by the door until "h-hey sis, where are you going?" still a little tipsy. Hinata smiled and looked over "oh little sister you still can't hold your liquor, even after all these years" she giggled teasing the drunk Hyuga. "Whatever Hinata" she said laying back down. Hinata walked over to her half awake drunken sister and kissed the top of her head "I love you, Hinabi. Thank you for tonight, I really enjoyed myself. I'm just going for a walk Ill be back in an hour or so." Hinabi smiled "love you too sis, be careful there are freaks outside" and she was out like a light again.

Only a couple steps away "you're father would be so proud of the young woman you have become" my mothers soft voice said from the couch. I turned around and walked back towards her and sat by her feet " thanks mom" I replied as I rubbed her small legs. "What's really on your mind, my love" she replied with a slight worried tone. "Nothing mom, I'm just wrapping my head around being ba-"

"Don't lie to me,Hinata." she said sitting up. "Im your mother, I know when something is wrong."

"Mom.. Im fine, just a little tired and missing Sasuke thats all." I faked a smile and stood back up."
(But the truth was I was far from fine.. I was nowhere close to it. Seems the more I try to avoid this place, the more it pulls me back in.)

"Go back to sleep mom, im going for a walk, it's a beautiful night."

"Well.. Whenever you need to talk dear, im here." she said resting her head back down on the pillow falling back into a slumber.

As I walked out of the door slowly shutting it behind me I walked out towards the front, meeting the empty streets that surrounded me. The cries of owls that sat in the tree's were the only thing that echoed. I started walking down some streets towards an area that had benches and a small pond.

Not far from the area, I heard footsteps in the distance and a shadow figure. I stopped in my footsteps and froze a bit. The figure disappeared behind the tree's and I slowly followed behind, as I walked deeper into the small forest area by the pond there wasn't a trace of anyone.. Confused I stood looking around until I heard someone from behind me.

"Why are you following me." the deep voice said from behind. I activated my Byakugan ready to fight, as I turned around in a fighting stance my eyes met the mans piercing blue orbs. My heart stopped and his whole facial expression changed.

"H..Hinata.."

I took a few steps back and kept my cool. A cold breeze blew as my hair danced in the wind and his shirt flew up barely revealing his mark on his stomach.

"Naruto.."