Chapter 4: Sprained ankle

The very tan Orton leans down to lift me up; I wrap my arms around his neck as he picked me up bridal style. “I'm so sorry, I just wanted to shut you up not injure you.” Randy pleads with guilt in his eyes, Cena bursts into laughter as we walk to the nearby medic that normally doesn’t get visitors. Randy shoots daggers at him and he closes his mouth but still has a huge grin on.

                “No, it’s fine. I've heard myself sing before I know what’s so funny if my ankle wasn't throbbing I'd be laughing too.” I smile letting them know I wasn't angry, he sits me down on a chair in the medic room, and walks over to the window without a word.  John explains to the guy what happened while I zone them out watching Randy and his awkward ways.

                He stood by the window staring into the car filled parking lot, tapping his foot impatiently like it was my fault. Then again maybe it is a tad, I am very clumsy but it was his fault too. “Psttt,” I whisper in his direction, just when the medic lifts my foot to have a look I wince as pain shoots up my leg. Randy glances over his shoulder to see who I was psting and gives a slight smirk when he sees the pain on my face. “What are you over there smiling about?” I ask sticking my tongue out at him like a five year old,

                “Well if you must know your pain filled face is quite amusing.” He says in a very serious voice, I narrow my eyes at him as he does an impression of me and Cena bursts into laughter.

                “Dude, you were dead on!” Cena chuckles as he high-fives Randy, “So what's your name? I know it's definitely not Lady Gaga.” Cena laughs at his own joke smacking his knee,

                “It's Jazmine, and don't push me I'm on the edge right now!” I couldn't help but laugh too, John laughs harder at my joke and Randy even cracks a little smile.

                “Nice to meet you Jazmine, I'm John and your attackers name is Randy.” He says with a giant smirk extending his hand toward me to shake, Randy mumbles something by the window not looking pleased.

                “I know exactly who you are,” I smile as I shake his hand, “I was born into the WWE...well not like literally like you Randy but my dad-” My voice got caught in my throat, “Well I've just watched since the day I was born, been my dream to be Diva.” I smile proud, and then quickly frown when the medic moves my foot causing me to wince in pain.

                “Really? What are you doing now, I mean career wise?” John asks sitting on a weight bench placing his elbows on his knees and resting his head on his hands.

                “Something completely different, I'm in law school!” I chuckle slightly ashamed I just gave up on my dream,

                “Why that's so...pfft” Cena says making a farting noise with his tongue and giving a thumbs down.

                “Yeah I know...” I laugh awkwardly, “Just when I turned 13 reality hit hard and made me realize I couldn't do it.” I give a weak smile, as John and Randy eye me carefully.

                “What makes you say you couldn't do it?” John asks looking at me with a curious face, fear running through my veins as I think he agrees. Randy inches closer coyly waiting for my reply, the reason why fills my head but if I won't tell Kyle about it I'm not telling them.

                “Just…I stopped growing then if you haven't noticed I'm a tad on the miniature side!” I smile hiding the pain as well as I could, John chuckles while Randy turns his head away. “You know Randy I’m gonna make you actually laugh sometime today so don’t fight it cause I won’t give up.” I wink at him,

                “Don’t count on it.” He says, a sly smirk spreads across his lips, we stare each other down for what feels like forever before someone clears their throat making us turn to them quickly.

                “Um…sorry to interrupt erm, whatever that was…” the medic stammers awkwardly, “but about your ankle it isn’t broken just sprained. Do you have a wrap at home?”

                I shake my head no, the medic opens his mouth but John cuts in. “We have one in the car right now, Randy is supposed to be wearing it on his shoulder but his pride won’t let him.”

                “I don’t need it.” Randy hisses,

                “See!” John raises his voice, gesturing to Randy “He is hopeless but at least you can use it, Jazmine. Randy, come over here and help me get it…” John says trying to pull him to the exit,

                “Why? You have the keys go get it yourself.” Randy says with a confused face,

                “Come with me I need to talk with you about something on the way…” John lifts up his eyebrows and looks back and forth between me and Randy.

                “John, you are so childish sometimes but fine!” He pouts, dragging his feet on the ground the whole way out of the room.  In seconds they are right back in front of the door, they were obviously arguing about something as they would take turns gesturing to me kind of gave away at least the subject.

                I knew instantly who won once they walk in the door, John smiling while Randy has his arms folded across his chest. “So, Randy and I had a great idea” John starts handing the wrap to the medic, Randy rolls his eyes so I know it wasn’t really his idea. “We could train you; I mean the Divas could use someone with a little more personality!”

                “Um…” I look back to Randy and I knew he really didn’t want to even though I want to accept so bad. “I don’t know…you guys are too busy to have to deal with me…” I trial off pushing the hair out of my eyes,

                John looks at Randy then back at me, “Come on it’s the least we can do since we hurt you in the first place…” I just stare into his sky blue eyes trying to see how sincere the offer was, “Please…?” John puts on his best puppy dog eyes, I look at Randy and know I need to decline. John nudges him with his elbow and clears his throat loudly several times,

                Randy groans and lifts his head back looking up at the ceiling in defeat, “Jazmine, please let us train you it wouldn’t be trouble for either of us.” He says in a voice with absolutely no emotion,

                “No thanks, I have school it takes up a lot of my time.” I say trying to get up,

                “Whoa, whoa, whoa you cannot walk on that foot you need a crutch too. Honestly I recommend lying in bed for at least one whole day, two to be safe. Then use the crutch for two weeks minimum!” The medic adds before leaving the room feeling like an unwanted party, in his own office.

                “See, I can’t even walk besides you guys have to travel a lot it doesn’t make sense.” I add before, I start to look around wondering how I’m gonna get home.

                “I admit I travel a lot but Randy here is stuck in St. Louis for at least three months because of his shoulder. Also not being able to walk really isn’t that big of a deal, there is more to wrestling than actually wrestling –admittingly not much more but enough to cover in two weeks.” John states, as he scoops me up in his arms.

                “B’ahh where are you taking me?” I ask panicky as he starts to walk out the door,

                “To the forest to kill you, where do you think?” He chuckles, “Where is all your stuff we gotta get you home safe at least.”

                The whole way to my house John talks about how they really would love to help me get into the WWE, and that once Randy is alone with me within 30 minutes he would start to open up. “I don’t know…he just really seems to despise me.” I say, as I look into the rearview mirror watching Randy follow us in his black Mustang.

                “He is like that with everyone, honest. The dude hated me for two whole years, now we are best friends!” He smiles, taking my hand in his “Please..?”   

                “Fine.”