Forever Locked In You

We walked for what seemed like days but I knew was only merely hours and minutes. Ticking by so slowly, making the air tense, and filled with dread. I could feel Darian's eyes on me and I resisted the urge to gag from the sight of him. I hated everything about him. His charming good looks and deep dark eyes made him seem all the more dangerous. His smile is what made my skin crawl the most. Perfectly white, dazzling bright and breath-taking. So straight, and sharp like a razor. When he smiled it was always like he knew something you didn't. That he was anticipating something to happen. It made you doubt your decisions, question someones motive, make fear slowly build inside of you until it popped. He was the guy that had taken everything from underneath me and made me fall. He ruined my life and left me in the dark with no escape. He turned me into a monster and sadly I was no different than him.

 I was a creature, just like him. Blood thirsty and viscous, life threatening and lethal, A killer and a murderer. I had lives of people on my hands. People I could not bring back, People that had to die because of me.

 My hands balled in fist as my jaw was clenched tight. I had to restrain my self from lashing out on him. Make him realize everything that was at lost but I knew he would find a way to make my life worse if I pissed him off.

The walk continued on into the dark, dead waste land for what seemed like forever. Fog cover the ground in thick clouds, moving and traveling like waves crashing into a shore of a beach. It was almost like the fog was alive. Licking it's way up your skin. I tried to shake the feeling that it strangely reminded me of my nightmares. Where the fog would chase me until I could not run anymore. Until I was so weak, helpless, and desperate that it finally swallowed me whole. I shivered at the thought.

The impossibly cold air seemed to drop drastically lower. Making the air you exhaled come out in a cloud. I saw Darian smirk from beside me and the old witch laugh devilishly. I kept my eyes forward waiting but not quite know what I was waiting for.

 Soft moans of pain and torture slowly met my ears. Getting louder and stronger the further we walked. Screams and cries of bloodily murderer echoed all around me. I tried not to show how much the pain inflicted on others was effecting me. It stabbed my heart the pain and stuck deep inside of me to forever haunt me in my sleep.

 In the distance something started to appear and I restrained myself from running as far way as possible.

  It was a tall, rusted golden gate that loomed boldly above you. Standing tall, threatening you by it's size. Fog licked its way up the thin metal bars. The doors were shaking and banging against each other but not pulling apart for a huge lock held it in place. The rattling noise shook the ground softly. Cries of, "Let me out!"  Danced through the tension filled air.

The people damned to spend eternity behind the gates could never escape. The lock was holding something far more vicious behind it. I knew he was near. I knew he was behind the gates. I could feel it. I couldn't quite descirbe the feeling but I just knew because I didn't quite feel myself. It was like someone shoved their hand into my chest and took a hold of my heart in their strong firm hands and wouldn't let go. Wouldn't leave me alone until I did what they wanted.

 "Well princess your castle awaits." Darian said as he motioned with his hand towards the gates leading to hell.

 I couldn't take my eyes off the sight in front of me. " I don't understand." I whispered hoarsely. Images of him taking my life away from me and damning me rushed to me. The pain, the loss, the weakness. The similar phrase of his words is what stuck out strongly. Princess.

 I didn't understand.

 "Your the princess of the underworld. You were chosen at birth to lead the world into chaos and set hell loose on earth. You have the power to open the gates and so much more. The devil is inside of you. He owns you in a way that your parents can't even claim to be related to you from your bond. He has watched ever single minute of your life and has been waiting millions of years before you were born. You lead the dead on a battle that has been waiting to happen forever." Darian's voice was deep and deadly as he delivered these words. That though they were nearly impossible made everything finally click into place.

 Why I was different from everyone else. Why I was so special. Why my whole life I felt like an outcast. Why I could never be happy or fall in love because I was never meant to live the life I did but I had. I had fallen in love, created a life I wanted to live, made something that though it seemed at a bad time would always be a reminder of me. Cameron, my baby girl.

 I had struggled my whole life fighting the dead, resisting their urge to have me within there grasp, to finally kill me. I wasn't done fighting. I wouldn't be until my soul has finally left my body and I was no longer there. Until my existence would truly be dead. Until everything in the world was finally suppose to be the way it was meant to be. Beautiful.

 I just simple nodded my head and tried to think of a way that I could set everything straight. Leave the the devil behind the gates, save my baby and leave the world in peace. It seemed nearly impossible and I needed time. Time that had ran out a long time ago. I knew what I had to do.

 I use to have nightmares but they all seemed to make sense now. Within those dreams was always the key to how to solve this problem. I had been preparing for this moment long before I knew that I was. I just knew my whole life that something would happen. Something bad and it was finally here. I was prepared and I knew exactly what would happen next. I just hoped that it would go as planned.

 "Aw, Darian. I remember now. You are my prince that was chosen for me to help me lead this battle." I said as I looked at him with an angry gleam in my eye.

 " I was wondering when you would realize you were mine and only mine." he growled as he stalked towards me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 VOTE- COMMENT- FAN IF YOU LOVE IT!!!

LOVE, BROOKIE54