Cameron

I could see a young child running before me. Giggling with joy as her dark brown almost black curly hair bounced around her. The sun reflected off her pale skin making it seem as if she was truly glowing with happiness. I felt a strange sense of longing to go join the young five year old in her play.

The young girls short and stubby fingers picked and grabbed at flowers as she ran along. Singing to her self lowly as she enjoyed the warm summer day. The forest seemed to be full of life around her. Reflecting any emotions that she was projecting.

Suddenly she stopped and called out, " Daddy!! Where are you?"

"Right here, sweetheart." My heart stopped at the sound of his voice. Even in my sleep I could tell exactly who it was. That voice was the one I would give my life up for without a second thought. The man I had hoped and dreamed to spend the rest of my life with. Whether it have been short or a long healthy life. The man was billy.

I grasped everything they said, eating up the sensation of hearing his voice.

The little girl turned around to look at her father with admiration. The emerald green eyes, the same as billy's, were filled with pride. That pride was directed toward her father. The girls face had a roundness to it showing her youth. Freckles lightly dotted her face. This young girl, when she grew up would be able to stop a boy's heart with her beauty.

"Are we almost to mommy??" The little girl asked with excitement.

My hear stuttered and froze at the thought of billy loving another women.I could still feel the rejection raw in my body and the pain of the salt thrown in my wounds was almost unbarring. I was rejected, thrown away with all the unwanted, useless junk that piled up over time. Given up without a glance or thought.

I tried to compromise with my self knowing that he needed to be happy. That I was never good enough and I knew that but he had excepted me as I was. In pieces and broken beyond repair. He must of noticed the damage, all my holes, that no amount of love could stop the rain from leaking through. But Billy had held me together, patched me up. Kept the rain from coming with his mere presence. Billy was made for me, he was my soul mate.

Or so I thought. How was I suppose to know if I was never truly apart of his world but a totally different one completely. The life of the dead. How did I know the rules of his world? Maybe his love for me was never real.

I felt like I couldn't breath.

"Almost." He breathed.

Billy seemed to be suffering from a greater force. The deep, purple lines under his eyes indicated many sleepless nights. His smile rarely ever touched his eyes fully. Behind every emotion was a hollow, numb feeling that it seemed I could sense. He didn't seem quite himself. Actually he seemed far from it. He seemed sad.

The only thing real, that you could see was the love for his daughter.

The father and daughter continued to walk with the only sound being the light footsteps and the soft hum of the girl. The sun was shining through the leaves of the tree causing the light to dance across the damp floor. They both seemed to know the path so well like they had traveled it many times before.

Finally they broke through a clearing of the trees and in it's place was a small, breath-taking meadow. The light green grass swayed with the breeze along with the beautiful yellow daisies. The light enlightened the place making it seem almost magical, enchanting.

"Mommy!" The girl squealed in delight running in the direction of her mother. I readied myself to see who billy had chosen to spend the rest of his life with. I glanced up to find the girl was sitting in front of a stone but not just any stone but a tombstone. Billy walked silently and knelt beside her and watched as she carefully placed the flowers next to the grave. "Daddy, say something to her." the girl whispered.

"We miss you so much. Even though you haven't met young Cameron over here. She loves you as if she had known you her whole life. Were doing good. Getting through the day one step at a time. It's been five years since you have been gone now. Not a day goes by that I don't think about you. My heart is forever yours. Where ever you are...." His voice became hoarse as he continued on.

I couldn't believe it. The women was dead. I glanced at the grave and my eyes widened with alarm at the name. Ronnie Anderson, 1994-2011. The mother of the child was me and I had died. The question is how exactly did I?

I tried not to panic at the thought and eventually I was calm. I always knew I would die. Death never scared me and never would. I had come to except the thought. For a very long time I had come to terms with it.

Eventually my senses came more aware and I was left back in the shadow land. Trying to blink away the vision in which I couldn't shake.

The ugly hag was standing before me well more like floating as she sent her hatred filled eyes in my direction. I simply shrugged trying not to show how much being pregnant scared me. If I had died, how had my child lived?

She growled deep from inside her as she looked at my belly. "What are we suppose to do." She mumbled to her self. "Oh, what to do."

" For starters you can go die in a hole." I muttered.

"Sweetheart, I'm already dead." She laughed in her deep, hoarse voice.

"Really I dodn't notice." I remarked.

"Ladies, Ladies calm down. Lets not start something when we have business to carry out." Darian said. I could feel my skin crawl at the mere presence of him. I tried hard to not show my fear or distaste at having him near. I hated how I had to look at his face. He had ruined my somewhat perfect complicated life with eternal damnation. Ripping me away from the life I had come to love no matter it's dark way because in it was love. Love that could not be replaced, love that was taken away from me.

"That business has nothing to do with you." I said.

"Oh, darling. It has every bit to do with me. Just wait and see." He said triumphantly.

I simply replied with an eye roll earning a hearty chuckle from Darian.The ugly witch motion to continue forward and I did without a fight because I knew there was no way I could change my future. And as long as billy, my child and my family where safe I had no protest about the outcome.

I walked in silence, noticing how the temperature continued to drop. The dead seemed to be everywhere around me. Watching and listening, never looking away. They kept their distance and I was thankful for I couldn't stand another encounter with their cool hands brushing against my skin.

I was becoming more aware of the baby within me and I felt a sense of pride and comfort. That I was able to see what my baby girl turned out to look like. Beautiful in every way. I prayed that she was nothing like me though for I didn't want her to have to suffer the pain I went through everyday.

Billy would be a great father and I knew that without a doubt in my mind. It would raise her into the young girl she would grow to be.

I didn't quite understand what I would find behind the gates but I knew I was never to open them. No matter how much torture I went through. I would not open it for I did not want to unleash hell upon earth with my power. I may not know the ability I had or the power I possessed but it didn't matter because I wouldn't live long enough to learn about it fully and that was okay. As long as the world around me was okay as well.

I raised my head a little bit higher having come with a closure to my past life. Knowing things would never be the same. In my new lethal, mythical body I felt a little bit confident in my cold, stone-like skin. I was ready, ready to face him. Him being who ever it was wouldn't see me coming.

-------------------------------------

Vote for me in the watty awards!:)