Where there is life there is death

Billy's point of view

~~~

No one in my pack dared to approach a grumpy, vivacious, heart broken alpha. It wasn't that I showed the pain that trembled through my body but the present look of nothing lingered in my eyes. I just simply wasn't all there.

Sometimes my vision would black out and all I would feel was anger. Anger was all around me, beating me up. Everything that meant anything to me was taken away.

Being a leader meant getting rid of those that could possible be a distraction. Ronnie was a distraction but I never wanted to let her go.

Vampire.

My blood went cold. The very thing that was known to be our enemy, had become my love. My burning love for her had become my own enemy.

I gripped a fist full of hair out of frustration. Gosh darn it. I let her go.

The pack they were all watching you. They wouldn't of understood if you went with the option of keeping her. So much pressure. My alpha side coming out and doing what was better for the benefit of the pack.

My hands rubbed my face, the stubble from not shaving, scrapped against my skin.

Why!? Why did she hide so much from me!? Why did she leave me in the dark? I still don't know who the hell she really is.

Even though I loved her unconditionally she never let me get close to her.

I'm a coward. I should of fought for her. I should of tried for a different out come. I should of let her know that I loved her. Not look her in the eye an tell her that she meant nothing to me, when she was my whole world.

Suck it up. That is all behind you now.

No.

I sighed as I skipped a rock across the lake.

It's amazing how fast things can change.

Billy, I love you so much.

Ronnie's beautiful voice danced through my head and warmed my heart.

I looked up around frantically for any signs of here but nothing met my eyes.

A startled scream left my throat as a piercing pain rocketed through my body, shaking me to the core. My skin crawled as I writhed from the burning sensation setting across my skin.

I gasped as the pain refused to let up, rolling onto my stomach. .I held onto fist full of grass as my body went through chaos.

My heart clenched in an indescribable pain that brought tears to my eyes. It could only mean one thing.

"Ronnie!" I sobbed over and over again as my body went through endless waves of pain from the cause of the death of my mate.

She's gone. She's gone. She's gone.

It took hours until the torment final subsided but the dull ache of loss would truly never leave his heart.

I could of saved her I could of made a difference but I left her and she dies! She leaves me.

Anger and depression broke through his body as he burst in a wolf and went flying through the woods. Pushing his legs fast and hard. To the little cottage deep in the forest. Where there relationship had come to an end.

When he had finally come upon the scene. A soft cry could be heard from within. He shifted and came storming in the cottage with tears in his eyes.

A baby.

A baby laid wrapped in blankets crying softly on the wooden floor of the old house.

It was a girl.

It proceeded forward with a broken heart and torn thoughts.

His heart got heavier with each step and his looming thought was confirmed when he look down upon the fragile face of the baby girl.

Soft black hair and startling green eyes.

Billy couldn't take it anymore as he fell to his knees in sorrow.

The love of his life kept so much from him. Kept him hidden in the dark of lies. Far away from her real life. He stilled love her though with all his heart because what they had was real.

Billy picked up the little girl delicately and held her against is chest and sobbed harder.

That was his baby girl.

That was their baby girl.

That baby girl was all that he had left.

"God, Ronnie. I love you, too. Forever and Always. "

He looked down at the little girl and kissed her forehead and swore to never let the memory of Ronnie, fade.

THE END