Chapter 13

My eyes widened at his words. Hey do you know my best friend hates your sisters fucking guts? Ha ha ha. "Oh, you live beside me?"

Ryan seemed to be surprised by this. He furrowed his eyebrows and stuttered a little when he said, "Wh-hat, you do?! That's so cool!" He laughed.

I laughed a bit too. "Yeah, that's weird.. so I guess you're my new neighbor?"

Ryan took a sip of his drink and nodded. "Guess so."

I looked around the room awkwardly and then remembered, JESSICA! "Uh, I have to go find my friend again.." I trailed off.

Ryan put his drink down on a coffee table. "Need help?" he offered.

Well, I did need help. "Okay, thanks." 

He nodded and we then began to find Jess. After about five minutes of looking, Ryan finally asked, "Is your friend the one who was drunk at the last party I saw you at?" He asked, looking like he was going to laugh.

I kept looking in each room and nodded. I didn't feel like talking, and I just wanted to find Jessica. "Dear God I hope she's not drunk again," I muttered under my breath.

Ryan then shouted, "Found her!" I ran to the room he was in and saw her sitting alone on a bed, texting. I slowly walked to her and took a seat beside her as Ryan stood beside me.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked, seeing that Jess was on Tumblr. Before I could get a look, she turned it off.

"Nothing."

"Oh, okay, why are you alone?" I asked, changing the subject. Whatever she was looking at, she didn't want me to see.

Jessica looked at her heels and let out a sigh. "Just sad about Taylor," she whispered. I nodded and flung an arm around her neck.

"Who's Taylor?" Ryan butted in. I completely forgot he was there!

Jessica looked up at him and smirked. "Who's this, Melina?" she winked. I stood up instantly while my eyes grew.

"N-no one, he was just helping me look for you," I said, not knowing what to say.

Ryan laughed. "Yeah, I'm Ryan." I facepalmed myself. Of course I forgot to say that! Stupid Melina.

"Yeah.."

Jessica wiggled her eyebrows. "Hm, okay, well, I'm going to go watch the boys play soccer outside, you can come if you want." 

"Why are they playing soccer outside?" I asked. This was a party, not a game.

She shrugged. "I don't know, but I enjoy watching hot boys without shirts running around so yeah, text me if you need something, love you Mel," she said, hugged me, and walked up the stairs.

I spun around and shook my head at Ryan, who was laughing. "She's somethin', isn't she?"

I nodded. "Definetely."

**

I was sitting with Jessica, watching Ryan and most of the boys at the party play soccer when Nash pulled up a chair next to me. "Do you mind if I sit next to you?" he asked me, smiling.

I shrugged, keeping my eye on the cute boy without a shirt on who was dribbling the ball at the time. 

"What are you two looking at?" Nash asked, jealousy in his voice.

I pointed to Ryan, who was clearly noticable since he was faster than everyone, and just scored a goal. "WOOO! Good job!" I cheered, clapping my hands.

Nash just scoffed. "I could play better than that loser."

Jessica and I turned to face him. "Excuse me?" Jessica spoke up, r\aising an eyebrow.

Nash put both hands up, surrendering. "Just sayin'."

I scoffed. "Why aren't you out there then?" All talk and no action, humf.

Nash looked at me like I was completely crazy. "No, if I was not wearing nice jeans and these shoes," he pointed to his shoes, "trust me, I'd kick everyone's asses."

I rolled my eyes. "Sure."

**

After Ryan's team winning the two times they played, everybody was done playing, and it was close to midnight, so everybody who was spending the summer with us gathered together, and we began to leave. Right when Cameron opened that door, Ryan ran up to me and gave me a big bear hug. Even though he was sweaty, he still smelled so good. "You're leaving?" he frowned and pulled out of the hug.

I nodded sadly. "Yeah, it's getting late. My mom will be worried and we need to get these hooligans to bed," I pointed to the three boys around me. When I pointed to Nash, he looked pissed. He was tapping his foot impatiently and you could tell he was mad about something. I shook it off, and continued, "they've had a lot to drink."

Ryan laughed. "Well can I get a goodbye kiss?" My heart stopped. I saw Jessica in the corner of my eye smirking, and Nash beside her with widened eyes. Nobody else seemed to notice since Cameron was talking to Addy, Hayes was texting somebody, and Nash, well, he just looked at the ground sadly.

It's just a kiss, right?

 I smiled and leaned in. Right when our lips were almost connected, Jessica pushed Ryan's head in so that we immediately kissed. When our lips connected, I felt a jolt of electricity and smiled. The kiss deepened almost instantly. I knew I needed to stop, but seriously, it was just a little kiss..

"Okay, I think that's enough," Nash butted in, looking mad as hell.

 I pulled away from the kiss and looked at Ryan, embarrassed.

"Sorry," I mouthed. I still felt the tingles on my lips.

"It's cool, you have my number so text me?" he said, and smiled back.

I nodded. "Okay, text you later, bye!"

Once we all got out of the house, Jessica and I both yelled, "NASH!" at the same time. He turned around and shrugged.

"Well sorry that I wanted to sleep but no Melina was too busy exchanging saliva with some weirdo!" 

My jaw dropped. "Hey! He isn't a weirdo! Y-You're a weirdo!" Wow, nice one, Melina. 

"Seems like somebody is jealous," Jessica sang. Nash swung open the door, and slammed it in our faces.

That's what made me angry. I opened the door, and ran up to Nash who was on the top step. "Did you just slam my own door in my face?" Nash kept a straight face, and slammed the guest room in my face. "And did you just- nevermind," I huffed, and faced Jessica who was laughing. "What's so funny?"

"He likes you," she laughed again, clutching her stomach.

"I don't care, I like Ryan."

Jessica shrugged and looked at the clock on her phone. "It's midnight, I need to get home."

"Alright, love you, text me," I said. 

"Love you too! And okay!" she said while walking down the stairs. I watched as she waved and closed the door. 

I walked to my room, and plopped down on my bed. It's been a loong night.

**

heheheheh jealous nash :))) i'll update tomorrow, since this story is sort of almost done, i've decided that there's either going to be 20 or 25 chapters. so it's almost halfway done. :) 

x

maddie