Chapter 01

Gif of Melina to the side.

Chapter 01

Melina's POV.

**

"Hey baby even though I hate ya, I wanna love ya, I want yo-o-ou, and even though I can't forgive ya, I really want ta', I want yo-o-u," Ariana Grande's new single "Problem" blasted through my phone. I groaned, stuck one hand on top of the phone, and pressed everywhere on the screen until the music stopped. I stared at the pink zebra print alarm clock beside me and glared. It read, "5:43."

Waking up early for school wasn't one of my plans for this school year, but when I realized that I could look better if I woke up an hour early, it helped a lot and it immediately became the first part of my daily routine.

I get to look good today because I'll have time to do everything I need for the horrible day waiting for me, desperately calling, "Melina, Melina, come live me, you'll grow more grey hairs and stress but that's okay!"

I groaned again, rolled out of bed and walked like a zombie to my bathroom. First, I removed my shorts, grabbed the hem of my shirt, and pulled up. But, to my surprise, my arms were stuck. I struggled as I tried to pull off the shirt, but that didn't work. Instead, I ran screaming around my room, obviously flashing my pink and orange polka dot bra.

"Mom! Help me!" I screamed, but as soon as I figured out how to run out of the bathroom, it wasn't a surprise that I ran into the bedroom door, causing my body to fall back with a large CLUNK.

I mean, I had my shirt covering my eyes, I didn't see that door.

"Ow," I groaned, lying on my back still. Right as I tried to get up, I heard the door open.

"Melina? What in the world are you doing?" I heard my mom's sweet voice ask and I suddenly felt calmer. "Oh goodess, you're stuck," she laughed, and then pulled the shirt completely off my body.

I sat there as I rubbed my sore back from falling. "Thanks," I mumbled, clearly aware that I was sitting on the ground with nothing but underwear and a bra on.

Mom laughed. "Uh, you might wanna go take a shower now Hon," she said, then left the room, leaving me laughing. God, sometimes I was so stupid.

**

After my shower, I quickly threw on a new bra and underwear, and blow dried my long, wavy hair. Thick and long hair was such a pain to dry. As soon as my hair looked somewhat dry, somewhat damp, I put on a "Crazy Mofo's" muscle tank, high waisted studded shorts, and my favorite white converse.

I curled my hair, applied some mascara, and skipped downstairs. "Bye Mom and Dad!" I waved to the both of them who were sitting at the table with Cameron. He got up, and immediately walked to his car. Dad was drinking coffee, and scrolling down his Ipad, while Mom was drinking orange juice and doing something on her Iphone.

"Bye hon," they said at they same time, not bothering to look up from their devices.

I grabbed my keys and quickly ran to my white 2014 land rover.

**

"Melina!" I heard someone yell as I entered the hallways.

I looked around and was surprised at the sudden sight of my best friend, Jessica.

"Hi," I said with a smile.

Jessica smirked. "Are you going to Nash's party tonight?"

I almost slapped the girl. She knows I hate parties! The stench of sweaty bodies and alcohol made me gag. I hated everything about parties, and she knew it. Especially Nash's parties! He lived in a gigantic house, and his parents were always on business trips so while they were gone, Nash threw wild parties. Nash is my brother Cameron's, best friend. It made me hate Nash even more because he always was at our house, inviting others to come too as I stayed in my room, watching YouTube videos.

"No, never. You know I hate parties," I replied, and began to take books out of my locker.

Jessica gave me that puppy dog face. "Come on, you've never even been to a party. Plus, we only have two weeks until schools over."

I stared at her with a blank expression. "No."

I loved Jessica, I mean she's my best friend, but parties weren't my thing, and even if I did go, I knew I'd sit there and read books on Wattpad.

Jessica stomped her foot on the ground like a child who wasn't aloud to get a toy at the store. "Please!" She begged, pouting.

I sighed. "Fine, but I'm not drinking, and I'm only staying for an hour. Understood?" I cleared, pointing a finger at her to make sure she understood.

Jessica nodded her head quickly. "Yes! Thank you."

She hugged me then ran off to first period.

Jessica was what you call, weird. She's that crazy - but funny, friend everybody has. And that's what I liked about her. And I was proud to call her my best friend. Even if she did talk me into going to Nash's party. Tonight, was going to be horrible.

--

Hey! So short chapter, I know. Like I said, I'm re-writing this whole entire book and this was the re-written version (: See, I don't suck as badly as I did when I first wrote this story. Now that, was embarrassing.