chapter 8 - I smiled and didn't mind the warm sensation on my butt.

A/N: Hi guys, PLEASE read my note after reading this chapter! It's IMPORTANT-- well for me it is. lol.

So please do! :) Here's CHAPTER 8:

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the best 18th birthday ever!

Well, i'm only turning 18 once anyway, this day is really turning out great! I don't know how I can repay Clarenz for bringing me to his special place and giving me this wonderful gift. Hmm, are my eyes really that bright? Maybe he was just fooling around and flattering me since it's my birthday, but he really did make my birthday special. I owe him that.

Katie and Cathy were dancing with me with the song All I'm Gonna Say by: Baker. They were also the ones who organised this party, as I've been told.

"Hey Mel! Why don't you tell us where did hottie Clarenz brought you?" Katie asked me, wiggling her eyebrows whilst shouting. We can't hear properly because of the loud music.

I bit my lip, "Uhm, yah. I really don't know where it is. But, it's wonderful!" I screamed back at her laughing. Cathy and Katie nodded and continued swaying their hips. I think they might be a little tipsy. Well, we don't actually drink much. This is an exception though, it's my birthday after all and I can say I'm legal.

Thankfully, my parents thought that it was time for them to leave us 'adolescents' to have our own party. I guess they understood. They went someplace along with my dad; they were probably dating by now. Ugh, I winced with that thought. Dating parents at their age seems, well, just wrong. I shook my head at the thought.

They decided to leave Sean with me so I can have someone to look after me-- overprotective parents. But as soon as mom and dad left, he left too. I guess he has some girls to strike.

We were still dancing and enjoying our screaming conversations. I was starting to wonder where Clarenz is again, I saw him once through the crowd and he was with Migs and Toni. I kept wandering my eyes around until someone tapped my shoulder. I shook my head and grinned, I know who does that. I smiled and turned my head,

Oh, I guess not.

"Hi there Mel, wanna dance?" Jason asked, smirking.

I haven't really talked to him yet after the day he was messing with me and that awkward moment he had with Clarenz. If he hadn't come to me, I wouldn't know that he's here. He's my friend anyhow so I guess there's nothing wrong, even though he was weird the last time.

"Uh, hello. Uhm, sure."

The party song suddenly changed into She Will Be Loved by: Maroon 5.

He slowly put his hands on my waist and I put mine in his shoulders in response. We swayed together and we started to talk. The music's volume was low this time so we can probably hear each other. My friends Cathy and Katie glanced at us and grinning like idiots. I rolled my eyes at them mouthed "Go." I think they got what I was saying and they headed off for the table where the drinks were placed.

"Happy Birthday." he whispered, his blue eyes were glistening as he spoke.

I smiled, "Thank you."

"You know, we hadn't talked for a while now; I always see you with that black-haired guy." he said.

I noticed the sudden change of his voice.

"His name is Clarenz, and he's my friend. Just like we are." I said slowly, it almost sounded like mumbling.