Warm Bodies ~2~ Nora

After a quarter, the sun sets but far in the distance, I can already see the stadium entry. I'm walking on a freeway but there aren't cars anymore. I start to walk faster. In five or ten minutes, I arrive at the stadium. I can see Kevin, he is a friend and a security guard, and a few others.
'Identify yourself!' Kevin says when he sees me. He points his gun at me.
'You know who I am Kevin.' He puts his gun down.
'Where is the rest?' He says. I hand the boxes over.
'The zombies attacked us. They were with too many and way to fast.' The door of the stadium opens. General Grigio, Julie's father, walks towards me.
'Nora! Where is Julie? Is she...' he looks worried but not really surprised. He has probably been preparing himself for it since the apocalypse started like almost everyone in the stadium did.
'No. She is taken by the zombies,' I say. General Grigio looks surprised just like the rest of the security.
'The rest,' I pause. 'Everyone is dead.'
'Wait,' Grigio says. 'So, Julie is a zombie.' You can see the distaste on his face. He kills zombies. Even though his own daughter would be one.
'No,' I say to calm him down. 'Well, at least not yet.'
'Why didn't they kill her?' Kevin says and I shrug.
'Well, let's get you inside. I will send units to search for her.' I walk with general Grigio into the stadium.

The moment I walk through the doors, I get overwhelmed by the big difference between the stadium and outside like always when I returned from a mission. Right in front of me, I see a miniature skyscraper that, just as the rest of the buildings, look like they could collapse anytime. All the buildings are supported by cables running from tower to tower.

We start to walk and in a few minutes, we're at General Grigio's house, the place where I stayed since my parents abandoned me and I came to the stadium as an orphan. Grigio lets me inside.

And this is where the action stops. Until Julie came back, my old and boring life inside the walls of the stadium continued. And you already know what happened when Julie was back, so I will skip to the part when I pointed a gun at general Grigio's face.

'Go,' I say to Julie and R. I am inside of Julie's house and I am still holding the gun to general Grigio's face. He just wanted to kill R because he found out that R is a zombie.

'Try to get out somehow. Just try.' I doubt if they can escape because the security is pretty good, but they need to try it. They are our only and first hope since the apocalypse started. Julie grabs R's hand and she pulls him away from general Grigio.
'Goodbye, dad,' Julie says softly and then they run down the stairs.
'Julie!' Grigio screams but he doesn't do anything because I'm still holding the gun at his face. I'm definitely going to prison for this but it was worth it. Now that they are gone, I don't know what I need to do. I keep standing there, kind of awkward.
'You won't shoot me,' he says after a few seconds.
'Oh, I totally will,' I say even though I'm not really sure I will. I don't know if it was believable either but then the front door of the house blows open. I can hear a group coming up the stairs and a minute later, they're all inside the room. Kevin and a few others of security are all pointing with their gun at me.
'Drop your gun!' Kevin yells at me. I slowly step aside and drop the gun. General Grigio immediately grabs the gun off the floor. Kevin walks towards me and puts my hand behind my back. This whole time I haven't said anything and I am not going to when they ask things about Julie and R either. Then they guide me out of the room.

And I did get in prison. Julie and R saved me and then the battle against the boneys started. We won and the zombies got introduced to the humans. I became what I ...

'N-Nora.' I hear someone somewhere behind me. I stop with writing and turn around. R walks towards me. I'm sitting on the grass of a park.
'Do you know ... where Julie is?' He says.
'No. But probably at her house,' I say. He nods and turns around. Then he turns back to me.
'What are you doing?'
'Oh, nothing. Just writing.' He looks weird at me and then he walks away. I know, it's not really something I usually do, but I just need to tell someone about it. I continue writing.

... always wanted to be. A nurse.