Warm Bodies ~1~ Nora

Hello, I'm Nora. I'm sure you know my friend's R and Julie. I mean, everybody knows them and their story. They cured the zombies and saved the stadium. But, my story isn't told. Well, not yet.

I will start with the moment when Julie, Parry and I when to search for medicines. Julie volunteered so she could come with us...

I hear a strange noise.
'Did you hear that?' Julie says.
'No,' Parry says and he keeps loading.
'I did,' I say while I brush my hair out of my eye. That sound scares me out.
'Pear, maybe we should-' I continue.
'We're fine. We scoped it out, we're secure. Just work.' I keep watching Parry. He is not himself anymore. We want to help him but he changed so much because of the apocalypse.

Then I hear that sound again, but louder. Footsteps up the staircase. I automagically grabbed my gun and point it at the door. They are coming. I wait anxiously. My hands are shaking.

Then the door blows open and the zombie's attack. I fire but there are too many of them and to less of us. One zombie is coming towards me. I shoot him a few times in his chest but he is too fast. He grabs my shoulder and pushes me against a desk. I fall. My back hurts but I don't make a sound. I lie on the floor without moving. I listen to the roar of the zombie. The best thing to do now is to play dead. Hoping for the best, I wait. My heart is pumping fast. Then, I hear the zombie walk away. I immediately crawl forward to get under a desk. Through all the noise, I hear a gunshot close to me and a second later, a dead zombie Falls just a few meters away from me. He is covered with dried blood. I hate it, but I crawl to the zombie and reach my hand towards the dead, lifeless blood. I smear it on my face. Now, zombies will not be able to smell me anymore. I get under the desk. Finally, I take a deep breath. I listen to the roaring zombies and gunshots. Then I notice that I don't have my gun anymore. I must have dropped it when de zombie pushed me.

After a while, the noise is getting less. I'm still too scared to move but, I turn my head to see what's happening. I see two zombies heading towards the exit. Their faces are covered with blood from their victims, people from our group.

Suddenly, Julie appears. Close to her is walking a zombie. Confused I look at them. Julie looks back at me. I can see that she is terrified. They are all walking to the door and none of them is paying attention to Julie.

When they are gone, I'm still frozen. After a few minutes, I get out of my hiding place. I look around but I don't see anyone.
'Is someone there?' I say. No answer. I walk around in the room and then I see a shotgun, lying next to the dead body of Parry. I pick the shotgun up and look away. It's awful to see Perry like this. I decide to go back to the stadium. I take two boxes of medicines and get out of the building.

Why didn't they killed Julie? I don't get what happened.

Everything outside is silent and abandoned. This village is one of the last villages Julie's dad has evacuated. It's a mess: cars are standing randomly and refuse bags are laying all over the ground. I can see that the sun will set soon. I must hurry if I want to be at the stadium before it becomes dark. This place already scares me so I don't want to be here alone when it's dark so I start to walk.