The Da Vinci Code ~2~ Murder

No, she thought. it can't be! We must leave, now. Marie's heart was pounding faster and faster.
They could haunt us down, kill us. All of us.
Marie had never felt this scared since the moment she herself found out Jacques Saunière was a descendant of Jesus. When she found out, she was terrified, but it didn't matter that much. It was just the two of them, not her whole family that was in danger.
Jacques immediately stepped forward.
'What are we going to do?' he said. Marie heard he was trying to keep his voice normal. He, as well, looked shoched.
It did not really surprise Jacques. It was to be expected that sooner or later someone would find out. But, the fact that they weren't save in Paris anymore scared him.
Before the man could answer, Jacques's phone rang. Quickly, he grabbed his phone and answered it.
'Hello, Jacques speaking,' he said. 'yes, that's me.' Almost immediately his facial expression changed. As if a bomb exploded right before his eyes, his face filled with misery and sorrow.

~~

Marie had been silent the whole trip home. After she heard what was going on, she got a lump in her throat.
The police called. They found the car of the parents of the grandchildren in a river, not far from the restaurant they were heading for. The police said it was an accident.
Marie had considered that maybe the Opus Dei was behind it, but they will never know that for sure, because there isn't any proof at all. She did not want to think about it. All that mattered was that her child was dead.
'We have to report to the police that you and Sophie's brother had been in the car. You could disappear with him and get a new identity.' he said suddenly. Marie looked bewildered.
'No, we can't do that!' she said even though she knew it was the best thing to do now. But, she could not leave him. She also knew Jacques did not have the luxury of disappearing. It was also obvious that Sophie, the eldest, would stay in Paris to be raised by Jacques.
'We will see each other. I could visit you, under the protection of the Priory.' He regretted his choice already, but he knew it was for the best and so did Marie.
'Your right,' Marie said, with tears in her eyes. She looked at the back seat and saw the two kids were asleep. They were going to grow up without their parents and without each other.

The next day, a few miles from Paris, bishop watch the news.
'The car drove into the river. Four people died among which one baby...' the news reporter on the tiny television in front of him said. Of course, Loïc already knew that.
I will destroy the bloodline of Jesus! Then the holy grail will never get revealed and the church will be saved! he thought.
Four down, only two to go.
He sat down on the floor and prayed. Not even a minute later, his eyes flew open. He heard something right behind him.
'Hands up!' a low voice behind yelled. Loïc did what he asked.
'Who are you?' He asked. He could not see the man behind him. Loïc's heart pounded loudly in his chest.
'Most people call me the Teacher, but that doesn't matter right now. The only thing that matters is that you just killed some people that I needed alive and you were going to kill the rest of them too. I can't let that happen.' It was quiet for a moment. Loïc knew what was going to happen. He closed his eyes.
I have done what God asked me to do. I did the right thing. he tells himself. A second later, a loud gunshot stopped his thoughts.