XIX- CrystalCloud Ball (Aura of the Omissionary) pt 3

I gasp as I suddenly see bright flashes of light in my eyes and I hear Dahlia release me from her grasp, her shrill echoing in the air as I drop to the ground, gasping for air.

I touch my neck, feeling sore and tired, like my energy has been burned away during the light. What was that...that scream of bright light? It was as if my life flashed before my eyes, but my magic reacted to it and bursted out in panic.

"You...you are...why? Why kill innocent people?" I paced out. I'm still breathing deeply for air, her grasp is as powerful and tiring to get away from as it is releasing huge bursts of energy.

She laughs, "As if it isn't bad, I needed to see whether you are influential or not. Alas your people did call for you, they screamed for mercy, but then again of course you can't trust me and my words, since I know all and I can easily deceive my way around people." She grins a killer's smile, wide and bright but glinting for murder.

She is twisted, I thought. She continues to prance around me, as I choke out, "But why do so? To torture my presence even though you have the power to kill me?"

I hear her draw a big gasp, "How did you know?" She states mockingly, laughing, "Smart as usual. You really are a 'Diamond Queen'; rich, powerful, strong, sharp...", she kneels down, her shadowy dress eating at my snow dress, "...and dangerous."

My eyes narrow at her words. She laughs as she plays with the string attached to her feathered mask, sighing at the mountain air blowing in our direction.

Having a few moments to myself, I call out to Trevor- who I sense is near the other side of the ballroom- and as soon as I tap into his mind stream, I tell him, Trevor! The balcony doors near the lilies, where we were at earlier! Go out there!

I feel his mind tapping in and I make my exit, and I pull in big breaths of air as I get up to stand myself. Dahlia turns around and I slowly circle her around, her glance solely focusing on me, and I make it look like I'm doing the same- except I'm undoing my magic barrier on the doors, which Dahlia is standing right in front of now.

"You will pay for what you have done to the villages you had burned and massacred." I scowl. Time for a distraction. "You destroyed parts of my kingdom."

"No, I destroyed your people. Or at least some of them. But one life is worth a thousand to you, ain't it?" She interrupted.

She does know everything. A motto taught to me by Delaney.

'Never let your guard down, Deidra. Even for a second. The life of one is equal as the lives of a thousand. No matter how powerful one is, the magic of human nature cannot be recreated by nor through any other means.' She taught me.

I remain tight-lipped when she tries to pry into my expression, asking me if it meant anything important.

Unsatisfied, she strikes on, "Hm. Not the malleable type, are you? Oh well. Details, details." She sighs, "Now you're probably asking 'Why is the Omissionary here? What difference will it make for them to show themselves? After all they have done?' Well, I can answer all of that, sweetie." She grins.

She raises her hand- and I sense the pull of magic being summoned- and she was about to strike before the doors behind her swings open, flinging her to the ground in an 'oof', groaning. I step back, smiling briefly at his impeccable timing, as Trevor steps through and puts himself in front of me.

Dahlia places her hands to touch her back and neck, feeling for damage. I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a bruise there by her spine. She tilts her head up, scowling at the sight of the two of us together, her hair now spilling in tangled dark waves over her face and shoulders, her mask and clip discarded by her side.