XVI- CrystalCloud Ball pt 1

"Announcing Her Majesty, House De la Böse, Lady of Honor, Defender of Faith, Queen Deidra of Avalem!"

    "All hail the Queen!" The crowd says in union, bowing as I stand before them at the entrance balcony, smiling before them all, clapping in the presence of their ruler. I gently wave them quiet as they slow their applause to hear my speech.

    "Thank you, thank you. Citizens, guests, honorary dignitaries, I welcome you all to our annual 154th CrystalCloud Ball!" They applause again. "As per customary, everyone here as brought a small gift as an offering for our gods in hopes to see another successful and hopefully winter! Now, I won't bother you all with another woeful tale about the entire history of the Ball again per practice." They laugh. "Let's bring the festivities. There's one tradition we always have to start an Ball off: the first dance." I chuckle. "Now enjoy!"

    The entire ballroom applauses before drifting away to a partner as the orchestra seated at a corner on a platform starts to play entrancing music that fills the hall in no time. Tonight is an important night as dignitaries and important noble figures like the Princess of  Krasia - a woman of great respect and power, who once defended the neighbouring realm of Aquvidas from foreign invaders of the Zyars.

    I slowly trail my way down the marble steps as foreign dignitaries make their introductions and share their wishes on the ball and for me. As I see to my Grandma lighting up the room with jokes once more and Chef Gertrude and her assistants and co-chefs prepare the dishes and drinks were serve all around, I walk towards the side of the room, narrowly hiding away from mother dancing involved. As I walk up to the seats were the Queen and family were to be seated at, I take my place as several dukes and duchesses from my realm discuss with me about current locales and solution and all other business related issues.

    By the time we are done, I'm half-exhausted from all the talking as they travel away to the other side of the ballroom to join in in the dance. As I lean my head on my hand, I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn to my surprise of Trevor standing idly by me with his hands folded behind him.

    He wears an immaculate white suit, embellished with four medals -showing his status as General- and gold detail. A red sash is strapped across his shoulder from his waist. It really broaden his shoulders. His hair is combed back, pushing away his dark messy hair to further define his crystal blue-grey eyes.

    I grin. "What are you doing here, General Trevor?"

    He chuckles, "Why, to give our beloved queen a dance, Queen Deidra." He holds out to his hand. "May I have this dance?"

    I mirror it back to him. "Yes you will." I grin the biggest I ever have as I place my hand in his, placing my other hand to pull up my dress as we attract attention on the way to the center of the ballroom.

    He leans in to tell me something, brushing against my hair, I turn my ear closer towards him, "You look absolutely beautiful, Deidra."

    I feel my face heating up, blushing as red as a tomato. I am wearing a dress similar to the one I wore to the Mistletoe Dusking Festival- an A-line figure, off the shoulder lace detail extending to long sleeves, crystal bodice and two lace overlays at the waist trailing down to touch the floor, all in snow-white while my hair was pinned up with flower clips in a wavy half-up half-down  hairdo- perfectly fashionable and fitting for a royal look yet the least painful hairstyle to wear to a fight in, in case the occasion comes.
    Besides we need to look out for the Omissionary tonight.

    I lean in to say something myself. "Thank you. You look dashing as ever."

    He gives a soft chuckle. I giggle back. I certainly gained a few jealous looks from local daughters and girls of minor powers as they gossip around and giggle at their revelations.