XVI- Training

I scream a warcry as our swords cling and clash against one another. I claim my spot close to Trevor on the training field as I toughen myself before the CrystalCloud Ball, which is in two weeks. Autumn is coming to a close so it's perfect for training in light-weight armor and thick leggings. Preparations are already in commence, but I will take care of the details later.

For now, I need to fight my anger.

There's no need to practice with magic for this; it's good enough to go against the army of the Northern Troops three times, thanks to Grandma's three week regime of constant use of magic, focus and durability. I just need to gain my physical strength again. Practice fighting once more. For her.

I strike a move with my sword as Trevor blocks and side steps to the side and tries to attack but I block and draw it away. We circle around each other, swinging our swords around to get a better grip, our fighting stances turning into a dance of war and tight tension. He makes the first move and I block and perry, striking against his blade and dodging his futile attempts to bring me to my knees.

I smile as the climax of adrenaline rushing through my veins pushing me to draw in close after he holds his strike against my sword, Trevor smiling back deviously. Grandma is gonna scream if she ever sees us like this, not after the last time.

I chuckle at that thought. Trevor gives me a questioning look before coming in even closer and backing me against the wall, close to the staircase that leads to the doors that lead to here-which are held in place by a barrier- my breath labored and tinted with questions, nervousness.

Oh gosh he better not-I haven't even gotten my first...my first kiss yet.

I look to the side. Trevor senses the change in atmosphere, and lets me go, giving me a nod. I nod back before striking up with my sword, catching him by surprise, his sword now casted away to his side. He holds his hands up in defeat, smiling. I chuckle.

I smile at the small victory as I walk over to the bench and grabbing a drink. Pumping with adrenaline, I sit on the shaded grass to cool off, as Trevor comes around and swings a couple of drinks too. We breath in the moist air as the noon sun sits coldly behind a blanket of clouds, so the weather is cool.

We lay there to rest, before getting up again to parry once more. Trevor hands me my sword as I thank him with his. We hold simple, evenly distributed weighted swords, each worth two kilograms. Good wrist training.

We crouch into our fighting stances and circle each other, the grass rustling against our feet, the wind freeing our hair from our faces. But then as I make my first move, he shocks me with his words.

"What are you fighting for, Deidra?"

I drop my sword to my side, my attention diverting away from the practise, "Excuse me?"

"I-What I meant was, you know that the fight is not just gonna be physical if it comes to it right?"

I remain silent.

"It's emotional as well, you know what I'm saying?" He says half-unsure. "You need to guard yourself even closer than...before."

Oh how quickly he changes from being so over-caring to me to a life coach in shining silver armor. I look to the side, still quiet. Trevor persists on, "Look, I'm just looking out for you here. I'm...I know we have unsaid words that have filled the air in the past couple weeks. For..." He deeply sighs as he drops his voice till only I can listen, although no one else is around, "...for more desirable reasons......but right now I really want to help you stay strong in the times of dire power."