Chapter 9: I Was Loving You From The Start

I’m dedicating this chapter to Tayxoxo because she’s awesome! She’s been waiting for a while for it so here it is Taylah!

Claire’s POV

The person who walked in the door was Zayn. I certainly was not expecting that. Why did he ask me to meet him?

He spots me and quickly walks over.

“Just letting you know that I’m not the person who wrote you the note; I’m just need to talk to someone.” I nod. Man that would be awkward if it was him. He looks towards the kitchen of the café watching the dark haired girl.

“Zayn; don’t even think about her.” I say; glaring at Jasmine. He looks at me bewildered; making me explain the night Niall saw me. He was silent for a bit.

“Oh. Don’t worry; I don’t like her that way…. At least I don’t think so.” He replies. I glower at him. He shrugs and walks towards Jasmine who had just finished her shift. I had forgotten that this was where she worked. Jasmine looks over at me and smiled slightly. PLEASE PLEASE LORD DO NOT MAKE HER WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then again; we both had been cheated on by Mark (she had been cheated on by a head cheerleader from another school); and she was trying to be nice to me and I was pushing her away. Just before the two of them left I spoke up.

“Hey Jasmine!” she turns around confusedly. I smile at her.

“Do you want to come over to my house tomorrow and have a girls only night?” I wanted to make amends with her; people can change. She smiles and nods.

“I would like that. I’ve gotta go but I think your date’s here.” She says before leaving with Zayn as Niall walks in. I sigh and look at the menu. The Irish boy sits down across from me.

“I see you got my note.” I look up from the menu and smile at him.

“Yep. I’m sorry though.” I say. He was silent; not knowing what to say.

“I wanted to get over Mark. But I think I have now thanks to Louis earlier today.”

“How the fuck did Louis help you get over Mark?” Niall asks. I started laughing because he swore. After I calmed down; I spoke.

“Louis wanted me to come over after school to talk about you. He basically asked me how I felt about you because you seemed to be happy and sad at the same time for the past week. And as I was driving home before I saw your note; the radio started to play your first song. And I couldn’t stop thinking about you when that song was playing.” I sigh. He reaches for my hand and holds it. I look up at him; seeing him smiling. We order our drinks as we still hold hands. Something had been on in the back of my mind for a while which I had been meaning to ask him.

“Niall; why did you try to help me that night?” I question. His eyes radiated with something I couldn’t identify. He thinks before replying.

“I don’t know. Something just drew me to you; I didn’t notice you when we walked out of the club; but I notice you after seeing the broken phone. But the thing that made me want to find you was the picture I found and the look in your eyes I guess.” He stopped staring into the distance and flicked his blue eyes back to mine. I still remember the look in his face when he found me that night. It was like he was staring into my soul.

Hours passed by as we talked in the café. Niall walked me home; sharing his umbrella with me when it started to rain.

“Thanks Niall.” I smile at him. He looks at me with a face of recalling.

“You know; we met in the rain; which ended up with you raining away in the rain again. I’m still surprised that you didn’t catch a cold.”

“Well; I have a really good immune system.” I retort; making him laugh. He smiles before he leaned in and kissed me. Tingles ran through my body; then we both jumped as a couple of booming noises started. We look around and then see fireworks being set off.

“Perfect way to explain that kiss.” Niall says with a grin. I grin back at him before giving him a quick goodnight hug and kiss. I look back once more before closing my door. Niall waved with his eyes smiling and dancing.

I sigh as I flop onto my bed. My phone buzzed next to me opening the text.

Niall- BTW I was loving you from the start

I smiled; the smile carrying me to sleep.

Niall’s POV

I started to walk back to my place with a bounce in my step; ecstatic that Claire was falling for me. I opened my phone and texted her.

BTW I was loving you from the start

I smile all the way to my apartment; where Zayn was waiting. I look at him.

“Hey; how was the date?” he asks. I grin at him.

“Great!” Zayn rolls his eyes and talks to me about the girl he met yesterday who he asked out. He was worried that Claire and her were going to hate each other as Claire’s ex cheated on both of them… well Claire’s ex cheated on Claire with Jasmine; then Jasmine got cheated on by another girl. Zayn mentioned though that Claire invited Jasmine to her house tomorrow night. I shrug my shoulders.

“Maybe she’s trying to make amends; or deceiving a plan for revenge on Mark.” I say. That would serve that boy heaps.

I hope you guys like the chapter! I know you guys have been waiting for a while so yeah....

And now you know why I called this story Loving You From The Start!

I love this song by Michael Jackson- Human Nature

This is the Glee version.

Meaghan