Chapter 3: Why Does the Day Keep Getting Worse?

Claire’s POV

I go to school on Monday, everyone was staring at me. I walked quickly to my locker where Kyle was leaning against.

“Move Kyle, not in the mood.” I say.

“What’s wrong babe?” he tried to put a hand on my waist, but I moved away.

“What are you doing?” I was confused. So were Sabrina, Alana and Cecelia.

“Don’t you remember? Jasmine’s party?” Holy shit.

“That wasn’t me Kyle, that was some random chick.” I push him and open my locker.

“Don’t say that Claire…” he starts to say before Sabrina piped up.

“Kyle, fuck off. She found Mark cheating on her with Jasmine, she wants nothing to do with guys.” She snaps. Thank you Fighting Sab.

“That’s not what everyone’s saying…” he says with a smirk before walking away. We all look at each other with confused looks, then heading to homeroom.

I sat with the girls at the front. We usually sat at the back but Jasmine was shoving her tongue down Mark’s throat, bringing tears to my eyes. I felt all the other guys in the room staring at me.

“Hey Claire!” Jeremy, the football captain shouted, making me turn around in my seat.

“What?” I said flatly.

“Meet me at the grandstands at lunch?” he says with a laugh. I turn around and try to stop the tears form in my eyes. As soon as the bell rang I ran out of the classroom, and bumped into Mark.

I turn around but not before I heard him call me a whore. I quickly spun around and shouted “What did you just call me?”

“A whore, which is the truth.” He says to me coldly.

“How exactly am I a whore?” I scowl.

“Well you’ve basically slept with everyone before I slept with Jasmine.” I was shocked.

“I never did that. All I did was dance with Sab, Al, and Cece before finding you screwing the slut you’re now with, and running out to Bartholomew Square!” I shout. A crowd was drawing near listening to our fight.

“That’s bullshit! Jasmine saw you fucking Lucas near the hot tub!” he said angrily.

“And you believed her when she had lied? You never thought of checking?!” I shout at him and shoved him into the lockers. The tears overflowed my eyes, making it blurry.

He shakes his head in annoyance before storming off, past Jasmine who was smirking. I glared at her.

“Well you finally got what you want slut.” I say as I open my locker and head of to English.

This was going to be a long suffering day.

*****

Niall’s POV

I kept on looking at the picture of the girl I had seen last night. I couldn’t stop thinking about her.

“Niall?” Simon’s voice brought me back from my thoughts. The boys were looking at me. I sheepishly grinned and apologised. We were discussing promoting our tour.

“Why don’t we perform at some schools? Let them perform as well?” Liam asked. Everyone nodded, it was a good idea. I looked at the picture again; she looked like she was still in school. I just wanted to find her.   

We left the room for Simon to call schools. We go to Nandos and sit and wait for our order.

“What do you keep looking at Nialler?” Liam asks as I snuck a quick glance at the picture again.

I could feel my face heating up when Louis grabbed the picture off me.

“Give it back Lou!” I shout, trying to grab the picture.

“What’s this? Why do you have a picture of a girl Niall?” Louis asks as he got out of reach of me and looked at it. Why did I have to be shorter than everyone in the band? The boys were staring at me contently. I sigh and told them.

“That’s the girl I saw outside the nightclub two nights ago. I found the picture after she took off.” I said nervously.

“She’s pretty cute.” Harry smirks.

“Back off!” I snarl like a puppy, making them laugh.

*****

The Next Day

Claire’s POV

Alana, Cecelia, Sabrina and I walked to assembly together, them trying to make me smile, but it was unsuccessful.

As we sat down our principal walked onto the stage. Sabrina and I were discussing our Music assignment when he tapped the microphone.

“In a week’s time, this school will be having guests performing at the school. I want everyone on their best behaviour. Our band will also be performing,” he says with me and Sabrina high-fiving each other, “with none other than the famous boy band One Direction!” the girls around me were cheering, but me; I was freaking out. I’m going to be performing, and Niall will see me!

I don’t want this to happen at all.

The school day went on; when Cece notice I was looking glum.

“You okay ClaireBear?” she asked as we painted landscapes; mine was a rainforest.

“I just don’t want to perform in front of One Direction. I’m scared that I’m going to sound bad to them.” I tell her, it was not the whole truth. I wasn’t going to tell anyone about my encounter with Niall Horan.

I sighed and continued drawing my artwork.