Chapter 5: Screw It; I'll Sign Up

Claire’s POV

Did Simon just ask me to join Syco? I was in shock.

“Uh… can I think about it?” I quickly stumbled. He nods and gives me his number. I look at my watch and apologised to the boys (I was still not looking at Niall) that I needed to get to class, and Simon will let them know if I decide to sign the record deal.

I start to walk down the empty hall, a million things exploding inside my head. Niall, fame, fans, publicity, friends… Niall.

I frown and open my locker to get out my books. I hear someone call my name and fast footsteps coming closer. The voice clicks as the face comes around the corner.

Niall.

I sigh and grab my textbooks. He leans against the locker next to me and pants. I ignore him and start to walk to class.

“Claire.” Something in his voice makes me stop and turn around.

“Look. I want to forget what happened a week ago; but right now I can’t because you’re in the way.” I say colder than I intended.

“The only reason we agreed to perform at school is because of this. I couldn’t stand without knowing what your name was. I couldn’t stop…” he says, before stopping after handing me the ripped photo; the half of me.

“Stop what? Thinking about me? I’m trying to get over a guy who cheated on me Niall. Right now, I don’t need a guy chasing me; whether or not he’s famous.” I snap before turning around and walking away from the boy who only knew the mess I was in.

I sit next to Cece when I walk into the classroom. I grab my Ancient History books and start writing notes on Genghis Khan.

“Man; you look like something crawled up your ass and died.” She whispered. Her long brown wavy hair flowed around her shoulders and bounced as she giggled at her comment.

“Sorry. I’m a bit shocked. Simon Cowell asked if I could sign a record deal with Syco.” I mumble. I still didn’t want the girls to know the truth about that night.

“WHAT?!?!” she screams. Everyone turns to look at us. The teacher glares at the two of us. I smile before he turned around and continued writing.

“Don’t do that again. I told Simon that I would think about it. I want to focus on school.” I say. Cece was bug-eyed; her brown eyes basically popping out of her sockets.

“It would help you get over Mark. And you would see One Direction a lot!” she says excitedly.

“I don’t know. I’ll make my decision tonight.” I tell her.

Niall’s POV

I let her go.

My heart sank. I could see where she was coming from, but it did hurt being rejected again.  Zayn walks around from where I came from.

“You okay Nialler?” he asks.

“Peachy.” I say and walk into the other direction as Claire.

“What’s wrong Niall? You look down. Don’t tell me it was that girl?” he stubbornly says.

“Her name’s Claire. I can’t stop thinking about her Zayn; ever since I saw her outside the nightclub!” I exclaim, waving my hands in the air.

“Well; because you can’t stop thinking about her; I will say that I hope she signs the record deal with Syco. Then you’d see her more often.” That makes me smile thinking about that.

“I hope so too.”

*****

Later That Day- Night time

Claire’s POV

I lie on my bed; still thinking about the record deal. My mum (Parents are divorced) said I should go for it; it would be good to follow my dreams.

I look at the number that Simon gave me; before doing a four-way call with Sabrina; Alana; and Cecelia.

“Hey guys.” I say into my phone.

“Are you going to sign the record deal?” Al and Cece all say at the same time. We all laugh. Alana and Cece are like soul twins; always saying the same thing at the same time.

“You should do it Claire Bear! You are amazing!” Sabrina shrills down the phone. I hold my phone away from my ear.

“Sab; you’re going to burst my eardrum in a minute.” I say.

“Oops. Sorry.” Her voice whispers through the phone.

“Thanks by the way. I’m going to call Simon now, so I gotta go.”

“See ya babe!” Al, Cece and Sab shout before I hanged up on them. I sigh and punch Simon’s number into the phone.

“Simon Cowell speaking.” He says in a frustrated tone. I knew that people sent Demos all the time; and it would be annoying to watch all the bad demos day in, day out.

“Hey Simon; it’s Claire Robinson.” I speak quickly.

“Claire! I was thinking about you. Have you thought about the record deal?” he asks.

“Yeah, I have thought about it. I would like to work with you.”

Okay... people probably predicted this; but ...

Sorry if this is shorter than the others!!!!

Please tell me what you think and give me any ideas!!!!

oh... IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!! I'M NOW 17!!!!!!

I got a 1D shirt from my twin sister!!! I'm happy!

Love you all!

Meaghan

P.S. I'm loving The Voice Australia!!! It's my fav TV show now!!! So I'm giving you my favourite battle: Rachael (who's blind!) vs Adam singing Over The Rainbow. They are both amazing! Both of them signing together gives me the goosebumps in a good way!