Chapter 8

I sat there leaning against the bar. I felt tears at my eyes but I quickly held them back. I don't cry. I haven't cried in forever.

and I wasn't going to start now.

"Aara?" I heard a familiar voice say.

I didn't answer, I didn't move.

I felt Hunter sit down next to me, I could feel his gaze on me.

"A.. are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I whispered.

"do you wanna tell me what.. what the hell that was?" He asked

I sighed.

"Before I moved here, Holly and I.. we.. were good friends.. best friends.." I started. "I went out with Geoff, she slept with him, things ended horribly, and she didn't believe anything I told her about him, which was before I found out she slept with him." I confessed.

Hunter stayed silent.

"I kind of beat her up at school.. and got expelled.." I said.

I heard Hunter quietly chuckle.

"Hunter! it's your sister! your supposed to be pissed at me.." I said

"I guess she had it coming, sleeping with the boyfriend of someone who has anger managment problems." He laughed.

I smiled. "You don't believe her..?" I asked.

"what?"

"when she said she actually didn't sleep with him?"

He shrugged. "Do you?"

"she didn't believe me, why should I believe her..?" I whispered.

He just shrugged.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"what?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"why are you here?" I repeated.

"Because I care about you Lynn."

"obviously not when you call me that." I said with an eye roll.

"you love it." He teased giving me a nudge with his shoulder.

I side smiled. truth is, as much as I hated being called that, it was alright when he did it.

But I wasn't even sure if I wanted a relationship right now, and Hunter.. he was happy one minute and pissed off the next, I wouldn't even be able to count on him..

"Holly's gonna be so pissed off at me." Hunter said.

"Why?'

"because I chose you over her." He answered. I looked down and smirked.

"you know you don't have to, you shouldn't actually.."

"you've been there way more for me than she has Aara." He said turning towards me.

"but it's because of me that she's not close with you. It's my fault Hunter."

"A, nothing's your fault." He said.

"yes it is! everything is! I've done so much shit, Hunter!" I said raising my voice turning towards him

"I've ruined so many things! like relationships! I've never had a steady relationship with anyone! anyone Hunter! I push people away, and I can't trust anyone! and it's all because of m-" Before I could finish my rant his lips crashed on mine.

Well that's a way to get me to shut up..

I immediately kissed him back.and soon enough all my worries were gone. it's like this was all there was, and how I wished that were true.