Twenty-Eight

Whoa. Wow.

It's been about 15 minutes since Nate got here and Cameron is all upset. Nate and I are on Cameron's bed. I'm just sitting towards the top of the bed with my feet other the edge. Nate's holding the ice on his face and lying on his back with his feet hanging over.

Cameron's got this thing... he cares more about others than himself and gets all worked up.

"I mean what the fuck. Seriously," Cameron says pacing around his room, "Who the fuck hits their fucking son?!"

"Cam-"

"What the fuck do you want Shauna?!" Cameron yells and cuts me off.

"Hey!" Nate says, "Cameron."

"Sorry," Cameron says and stops pacing.

There are moments when people can tell others have mood swing disorders. Like now. One minute his yelling and swearing, the next he's calm and innocent.

"Can we just stop talking about it?" Nate asks sitting up.

"Yeah," I say, "Let's."

"Okay," Cameron says and sits next to Nate. He leans his head on Nate's shoulder. Nate rubs Cameron's shoulder and gives him a quick kiss. Cameron giggles.

"Imma leave you too," I say, "But no funny business. Keep your clothes on."

"It was one time Shauna," Nate says laughing, "Nothing even happened."

"Yeah," Cameron says, "But we promise, no funny business."

"I've got my eyes on you two," I say getting up and walk out the door.

"Okay, okay," Nate says.

I hear them kiss and I immediately stick my head back in. "I said no funny business," I say.

"Okay," Cameron says.

"Promise?" I ask.

"Yeah," he says, "I promise."

"Nate?" I ask.

"Hm? Oh yeah, I promise," he says.

"Good," I state.