Twelve

Ha. I didn't even notice before, but I parked on the left of Kacey's car.

"Nelson, let me help you," Kacey says as Nelson tries to maneuver himself from his chair to the seat.

I think she should help. Even though he declines. He's probably weak from throwing up and being stressed out all day.

"Kacey, I got it," he says and takes a deep breath before trying again. He is unsuccessful. Then says, "Fine, just this once."

"I won't tell anyone," Kacey says.

She then moves herself so she can lift him into the front seat. He seems defeated and upset.

I don't know a lot about these things. He probably has it harder than both Kacey and I.

"Shauna, I'll text you later," she says.

I then feel her arms wrap around me. How sweet. This is the Kacey I love. The drunk one. Eh. She's okay.

"Okay, yeah," I say hugging her back.

She then goes back and gets in her car. I do too. She pulls out.

Ding!

(A/N Shauna Alice)

Where are you? Did you forget?

Forget what?

About the dinner!

Oh shit! I'm sorry. I was just busy. With Cameron. He punched a mirror and broke his hand.

Ik. He told me. But you are supposed to be on your way by now because it's a long drive. Plus traffic.

Yes. I know. I know that this is huge, but I don't think I'll be able to make it. The dinner's at 5 and it take almost 3 hours to drive. Can't you tell them that I have to stay with Cameron?

Wow. Using him as an excuse. Okay then. But you owe me one. Big.

Yes. Thank you thank you thank you.

I get the read receipt and close the conversation. I totally forgot about the dinner with my siblings, half and step.

I also can't believe I just used Cameron as an excuse. Ugh.

I turn on the radio. Ariana Grande comes on. I let it play even though I don't feel in the mood. I then start driving home.